Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Rhuarc

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
I'm not sure I fully understand this point, but I'll waffle on for a bit on what I think you are asking... :eek:

Not really what I was hoping for but I guess it was poorly phrased by me.

Let me ask this way:

The difference of characters at power levels equal to First Ones, Old Ones etc will be mainly the number and selection of their feats, right (besides items)?
I mean if one character is a fighter level 100 and the other one fighter level 110, the class abilities and few HD/BAB/Saves won't make any difference...but if the higher level character has some cosmic feats more than the other, it will make a huge difference I suppose.

Sorry for bothering with maybe silly questions and thanks for your help :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Well, the official list of ENnies nominations are out...and the judges all seem to have an Intelligence of 3, because the Immortal's Handbook Epic Bestiary vol. 1 isn't nominated. It didn't even get an honorable mention! :(

Condolences to U_K, who definately deserves an award for his work, and let's all look forward to ENnies for the print Bestiary and IH: Ascenion in 2007!

Last edited:

historian

First Post
Condolences to U_K, who definately deserves an award for his work, and let's all look forward to ENnies for the print Bestiary and IH: Ascenion in 2007!

Indeed! :)

The IH Bestiary is my favorite d20 product to date and I'm anticipating Ascension being my favorite rpg product of all time.

Rhuarc said:
Not really what I was hoping for but I guess it was poorly phrased by me.

Let me ask this way:

The difference of characters at power levels equal to First Ones, Old Ones etc will be mainly the number and selection of their feats, right (besides items)?

Feats/Divine abilities/Cosmic Abilities etc.

Portfolio Templates.

Artifacts.

I think those will be the main differences.

Although looking at the difference between Surtur and Algol, they are not really anything alike physically to begin with. So I guess 'base creature' should also be a factor.

Rhuarc said:
I mean if one character is a fighter level 100 and the other one fighter level 110, the class abilities and few HD/BAB/Saves won't make any difference...but if the higher level character has some cosmic feats more than the other, it will make a huge difference I suppose.

You won't get anymore Cosmic Abilities by going up a mere 10 Levels. ;)

Rhuarc said:
Sorry for bothering with maybe silly questions and thanks for your help :)

Questions are my specialty, finishing books to a schedule isn't. :eek:

Eversius said:

Hey Eversius mate! :)

Eversius said:
I've been wondering, ever since you mentioned/created the Umbrals/Qlippoth... What would be the Sephiroth? Time Lords?

I have a few ideas for 'Sephiroth' but nothing I have settled on at this moment. I am sure they will feature at some point. ;)

Hey Alzrius mate! :)

Alzrius said:
Well, the official list of ENnies nominations are out...and the judges all seem to have an Intelligence of 3, because the Immortal's Handbook Epic Bestiary vol. 1 isn't nominated. It didn't even get an honorable mention! :(

I guess it would be more apropos to say they were certainly not Epic Level Judges. :p

Although I wonder are any of those Monster Books nominated pdf only?

Alzrius said:

Thats okay mate, all good things come to those who wait. ;)

U_K!
I hope things are going well.
I hate to be a pest, but do you think the July 21 date is a solid one? I may be starting a game soon, and the more epic material, the better. (The game wont hit epic for many sessions, but the more time I have to read ahead, the less I have to bend my plot to put in the good stuff.) I am really interested in your 5th, 6th, and 7th elements. (Though players may confuse your Atma energy with psyonic power points.) Interesting element names, Mana I obviously recognize, but the others I might just go research their meanings. :)
Also, are these nebulous (since I know nothing about the system) points used to fuel the divine abilities, or are they tied to some other mechanic? (Such as spend x power points to use the Divine Blast power)
As always the flavor you interweave in the rules set are as interesting as the rules themselves. If Chronicle comes out in my lifetime :) I shall enjoy it greatly.
As always, I hope Ascension is finished soon with as little hassle as possible.

Remove ads