Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Rhuarc

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
Feats/Divine abilities/Cosmic Abilities etc.

Ah, that's an interesting one!

Will you be able to choose Divine/Comsic abilites or do you get specific ones at each "evolution" point?
And is there a chance to get those without reaching a new rank of power (e.g. from Old One to First One) or are they only available at each new rank?
I guess they will be more powerful than feats?

Just asking to have something to think about till the work is done, but nothing important.
So please take your time and answer me if you find the time and are in the mood to do so :)

Already thanks very much mate ^^

Ltheb Silverfrond said:

Hiya mate! :)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I hope things are going well.

Not bad, although the photoshopping of the Bestiary cover in the higher resolution is taking longer than I anticipated (its probably taking as long as it did the last time, only I just can't remember). :\

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I hate to be a pest, but do you think the July 21 date is a solid one?

Thats the $64,000 question isn't it.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I may be starting a game soon, and the more epic material, the better. (The game wont hit epic for many sessions, but the more time I have to read ahead, the less I have to bend my plot to put in the good stuff.)

I'll try my best.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I am really interested in your 5th, 6th, and 7th elements. (Though players may confuse your Atma energy with psyonic power points.) Interesting element names, Mana I obviously recognize, but the others I might just go research their meanings. :)

Like most occult stuff I am sure there is more than one incarnation of what Atma really is.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Also, are these nebulous (since I know nothing about the system) points used to fuel the divine abilities, or are they tied to some other mechanic? (Such as spend x power points to use the Divine Blast power)

Not exactly, think of Quintessence more as a sort of Divine Experience Points. However, there are a number of things it is good for beyond merely equating divine rank. ;)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
As always the flavor you interweave in the rules set are as interesting as the rules themselves. If Chronicle comes out in my lifetime :) I shall enjoy it greatly.

As long as you're not posting from Death Row you should see it in due course.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
As always, I hope Ascension is finished soon with as little hassle as possible.

Well we can certainly hope.

Hey Rhuarc dude! :)

Rhuarc said:
Ah, that's an interesting one!

Will you be able to choose Divine/Comsic abilites or do you get specific ones at each "evolution" point?

Both. Some are standard to the divinity/portfolio templates, but you also get some free slots to do with as you please.

Rhuarc said:
And is there a chance to get those without reaching a new rank of power (e.g. from Old One to First One) or are they only available at each new rank?

You only gain them with each new divine status (e.g. from Old One to First One).

However, you can also gain them through multiple feat slots. Although it does take quite a few feat slots to gain cosmic abilities.

Rhuarc said:
I guess they will be more powerful than feats?

A divinie ability will be roughly equivalent to 6 epic feats. A cosmic ability will be roughly equivalent to 6* divine abilities, and so forth.

*I know in the past that was 4, not 6, but I prefer the symmetry of the sixes.

1 - 6 - 36 - 216 - 1296

Rhuarc said:
Just asking to have something to think about till the work is done, but nothing important. So please take your time and answer me if you find the time and are in the mood to do so :)

You caught me on a moment of whimsy.

Rhuarc said:
Already thanks very much mate ^^

:)

poilbrun

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I hate to be a pest, but do you think the July 21 date is a solid one?
Thats the $64,000 question isn't it.
Maybe someone should threaten puppies, I think it worked the last time. :p

I might do it, but my two puppies are too cute for me to put their life on the line ;)

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Maybe Krusty could release a little bit of material? Just some teasers? Of course were being teased enough as it is...but Im not too proud to beg for snippets. :)

Pssthpok

First Post
If UK released a teaser every time someone asked, he'd never get anywhere. Leave the man be; let him finish up. What's more important: teasers or the Beta?

UK: godspeed, pal. You're on the home stretch. :cool:

Remove ads