Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
If I recall correctly, the Mongoose people said they wouldn't have the release of the print Bestiary until September, but I wonder if they'll have any advance copies at Gen Con. That'd be pretty cool.

Anabstercorian

First Post
I was threatening puppies last time, but it didn't really do any good.

I've found that if you call him nasty names and undermine his self-image as a game designer, he'll work even harder to bolster himself. It's not very nice, but it seems to be effective at motivating him.

Hey Alzrius mate! :)

Alzrius said:
If I recall correctly, the Mongoose people said they wouldn't have the release of the print Bestiary until September, but I wonder if they'll have any advance copies at Gen Con. That'd be pretty cool.

Virtually no chance, given that I haven't sent them the final draft for the printers yet*. Which I'll be doing tomorrow night/Thursday morning.

*Or rather I did, but a few things needed to be redone here and there so they sent it back for technical repair, rescanning all images at a much higher quality and so forth.

Hmmm...

If people are sufficiently desparate to get their hands on Ascension, I could threaten to put out my own version first. *diverts attention from the fact that he woudn't know where to begin*

CR_UNLIMITED!!!

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Hey Servitor matey! :)

Thats for the beta release, I can't magic these illustrations out of thin air unfortunately.

Sorry. :eek:

Isn't there some legality with putting something up for sale with a release date and not meeting that release date twice while you already have poeple's money?

Zhnov

First Post
CR_UNLIMITED!!! said:
Isn't there some legality with putting something up for sale with a release date and not meeting that release date twice while you already have poeple's money?

Chill, CRU.

I think the first time I heard that the ELH was "near ready" for public consumption was some 2+ years ago.

I am a very patient lurker. :D

If you are, in general, a person not known for extraordinary patience, then I recommend either strong drink or professional counseling (you need a coping mechanism to dwell here). ;)

U_K is a visionary, and a veritable one-man-band, but is not known for speed. :p

CR_UNLIMITED!!!

First Post
Zhnov said:
Chill, CRU.

I think the first time I heard that the ELH was "near ready" for public consumption was some 2+ years ago.

I am a very patient lurker. :D

If you are, in general, a person not known for extraordinary patience, then I recommend either strong drink or professional counseling (you need a coping mechanism to dwell here). ;)

U_K is a visionary, and a veritable one-man-band, but is not known for speed. :p

Oh, i'm fine. I'm just asking.

GQuail

Explorer
CR_UNLIMITED!!! said:

I'd have to say that, in the case of Upper Krust, anyone who pays any attention to release dates he mentions is going to get their heart broken eventually. ;-)

Still, I'd have to agree that missing multiple deadlines is a bit rough, especially when you've already taken cash for it: but considering the length of time some people have waited for this book, another week or two ain't gonna kill anyone. And besides, I don't think going with "get whatever has been written so far" rather than "get a final version U_K is happy with" is necesarilly a better plan. On a project this wide in scope, there's a lot to pull together, and any writer would find it taxing.

Alas, as long as one self-publishes, one runs these sort of risks. When you're your own boss, the absence of another person cramping your artistic vision for the purposes of meeting such mundane things as deadlines can be a problem. Did anyone here ever collect Image comics, and wait for Battle Chasers?... ;-)

Remove ads