Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Rockhoward56

First Post
hey all!

U-k what's up with Kabiri? too powerful for ECL43?
it's true his AC is high , but he 's not invincible ,I think is tough like a Demon Prince must be!
Thanks for Corellon Preview , but for me Corellon is a wizard not a sorcerer , but it's not very important :p

Some questions about the bestiary , would you publish a online errata on your website for those who buy the pdf version?
With accurate(lol) Nexus challenge ratings???^^
I'm doing a new campaign with a extrapowerful Hiatus artifact , maybe A Cosmic Powerful non sentient living :p , was thinking about a High Lord lol , i Have made my own table !
Some questions like always: What's the Gauntlet of Ghost?? :D
Could you make a flavor text for Xiphoid? Alabaster is seeking for this extrapowerfulblade.
thank you very much in advance , keep working :cool:

dante58701

Banned
Banned
There is one important thing to note regarding errata....virtual size categories in general...double check all the statistical modifiers. It seems to be the only major problem in the epic bestiary. You may even want to note them so players can figure out which creatures have them. While it's easy for me to figure it all ouut, not everyone is a math whiz.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Me? I? Oh, nothing more than a larcenistic fool of a man who is fan of a great epic or two.
Same as many out there I spose, but it is quite true really...his only real mistake with the bestiary was neglecting the virtual size notations for the simple people. Not so much a mistake as a minor oversight now that I think of it. But otherwise...he really has done marvelous work. Id have to say that I have never seen such grandeur in any epic product. He takes the best of the best...adds a lot of his own splendid ideas and...viola...the perfect epic product. So...the least I can do for him, for providing me with such memorable gaming, would be to point out anything he might want to fix. but only because he asked.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Pity that, then. I just know that we do have a few math people on this thread -- -Eä- and myself, at the least, as well as a few others. (I'm so bad with names, :confused:.)

Rhuarc

Explorer
Hey UK,

hope you doing well so far. I have two questions about the cosmic spells you are going to introduce later, maybe you could help me :)

Will there be a difference between scaling the spells as with the feats? Like Divine spells, cosmic spells, transcendental spells and so on?
And will feats and spells of the same category be roughly equal powerful?

Before epic, spells are much more powerful to compensate for the class abilities of the non-caster classes, but I guess this will be redunant at cosmic levels cause there won't be any class abilities which scale to this point. The only difference between characters of that level will be the feats, right?

Well, hope you get my point :)

Hey guys! :)

I'll address the Ring of Unelemental Command stuff tomorrow, thanks for all the help. ;)

Rhuarc said:

Hey Rhuarc dude! :)

Rhuarc said:
hope you doing well so far. I have two questions about the cosmic spells you are going to introduce later, maybe you could help me :)

If I can't - no one can! :p

Rhuarc said:
Will there be a difference between scaling the spells as with the feats? Like Divine spells, cosmic spells, transcendental spells and so on?

No. It'll be scaled via spell level.

Rhuarc said:
And will feats and spells of the same category be roughly equal powerful?

Too complicated an issue to address, depends how much you invest into powering the spell.

Rhuarc said:
Before epic, spells are much more powerful to compensate for the class abilities of the non-caster classes, but I guess this will be redunant at cosmic levels cause there won't be any class abilities which scale to this point. The only difference between characters of that level will be the feats, right?

Well, hope you get my point :)

I'm not sure I fully understand this point, but I'll waffle on for a bit on what I think you are asking... :eek:

Personally I don't like the idea that epic spells can be cast by anyone, however, at the same time I understand that the difference between Cleric and Wizard is lessened the higher you ascend.

I would prefer it if Wizards could cast Cleric spells* (at a suitably lower level than Clerics naturally) and vice versa.

*Perhaps 2-3 spell levels lower (or maybe even 1/2 spell level).

However, 2-3 spell levels lower is only 2-3 Automatic Metamagic Capacity feats at epic levels. So perhaps the 1/2 spell level idea is better.

That way a Mystic Theurge type character could be created that cast all spells at 3/4 spell level.

Remove ads