City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidBlue

First Post
A welcome messenger enters

A nondescript man enters the Red Dragon Inn and immediately walks over to talk with Joe. He can be seen passing over a pouch, and Joe points to the announcement board, to which the man makes an addition. The man then immediately exits.

[sblock=Annoucement]Josef Graner desires the retrieval of an item of personal value. A bounty of 1000gp will be paid for its return. Experience with climbing, spelunking, or treasure hunting a plus.

Interested parties should meet with Robert Dez, Barrister, number 76 Shore Lane.[/sblock]

[sblock=details]This is an adventure for a first level party[/sblock]

JonnyFive

First Post
"Another glass of wine, innkeep." Throran demands as he comes from the bathroom. he looks no cleaner than when he entered. "Lucky day you say? did the gods offer to turn you into an elf?" He asks Valan with a hint of a smile.

ooc- anybody know how to play chess or go over a php w/o it taking a full year? :p

Swamptreader

First Post
The elf finally reacts to Valan's stare with a stare of his own. "I'll be drawin' a card right quick."

Sure enough, the elf reaches a hand toward the deck with excruciating slowness and then, like a cobra striking a rat, his hand darts to the deck and pulls back a...

Six of hearts. (1d13=6, 1d4=2). Regarding the card with a suspicious eye, he asks in a sweet voice like that of a proper elven maiden, "Why, I do believe I have drawn the best card in the deck!" He finishes with a giggle, uncomfortably appropriate to his chosen voice, and a batting of his mostly crooked eyelashes.

But before anyone can react, he rises and fairly leaps to the counter, catching its edge molding and pulling himself up and along toward the bulletin board. He follows almost immediately in the wake of the man that had posted the notice.

After a moment's ogling of the parchment, he points at it, then points at Valan, then points at the notice, then points at himself, then points at the notice, then points at Kermis, then points at the notice, then points at Joe. Seems pretty obvious.

"Sooooo...ya wanna? I mean, a thouuusand gold...rather nice, eh? Kermis can SMASH stuff, I can, I don't know, maybe shoooooot stuff, and Valan can deal the cards. What'sayya'two? In or skin?" Most of that is understandable. What 'in or skin' means is a mystery probably best left as such.

LogicsFate

First Post
3 of Spades Frowns at it, and tosses it into the center.

Walking over to the board, Valan removes the note and reads it out loud.

Annoucement
Josef Graner desires the retrieval of an item of personal value. A bounty of 1000gp will be paid for its return. Experience with climbing, spelunking, or treasure hunting a plus.

Interested parties should meet with Robert Dez, Barrister, number 76 Shore Lane.

Valan looks back at his "party". Gauging their responses.

OoC [sblock] If you keep up a brisk pace, if everyone keeps the pace up then it could be done much quicker[/sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
(OOC- Valan has lost a net 2 gold, If Kermis wins Kermis+5g, Elfydude -3g, If elfydude wins Elfydude comes out even, Kermis+2g net. Remember to record it.)

corcio

First Post
the barbarian stares down at the card he drew for a long moment, leaning well over into the cards to count the little funny dots on it. seeing that his has the most he gives a roaring laugh. " KERMIS WIN." and thumps himself on the chest victoriously.

watching valan march over to the board Kermis reacts with wide eyed excitement as the fighter reads the message. takign a moment to absord the information he then jumps up from his seat and shouts " MAN NEED HELP, KERMIS HELP. KERMIS STRONG WARRIOR" he yells and swings his massive axe in front of him in a battle ready stance "WE GO NOW? KERMIS READY" then stands there looking about as if hordes of orcs were about to jump out at him any second. not seeing any foes coming forth he settles down a bit. but still looks about to see if any might be hiding nearby.

ooc- oh yeah sweet im ready to rock it. lets go...

JonnyFive

First Post
Throran grabes a passing ale mug as he wobbles over to the bulliting board. "spelunking ehh.. one can get dirty, but treasure... mmm this isn't a very good wine." Throran squints at the ale. attempting to straten up , throran looks to Valan. "Are you planing on going? maby i should go to show you how a true elf can be. Or i'll be at the bar, trying to find a better vintage of elven wine." Throran will down the rest of the ale on his way back to the bar

ooc- please take the semi-drunk elf, oherwise he's gonna be a drunk elf passed out at the barr :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads