• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stolen Goods (El Jefe judging)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Alden shrugs at Quarion's suggestion.

"Why bother Scodi? Nothing constructive to tell him. We can visit Rosehurst in the morning."

LiquidBlue

First Post
Joru ghe Bana, Gnome Bard

"We should ask the guards to accompany us to the site of the attack. With their help we can more easily identify it. If the bandits are in this town, we may also need them to identify the bandits."

"Shall we return to the Jolly Fisherman?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

Quarion sighs. "I suppose. I prefer to sleep in the grass among the green, but in the interest of maintaining unity, I will spend the night at the inn. If you can convince the guards to accompany us, by all means do so. But I doubt they will be willing, not for nothing in payment."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Alden nods slightly.

"Very well, to the inn for the night."

As they walk, he ponders the gnome's suggestion.

"I do not know whether we would want Scodi's guards or not. They could recognize the bandits, but then the bandits could recognize them as well. They did describe the site of the attack, it's possible we could locate it without them. Half an hour out of Rosehurst, a large boulder to hide behind, and thick enough shrubs to hide one or two more."

jkason

First Post
El Jefe said:
OoC: Eanos, headed to the Inn as well?

OoC: Sorry. I've been away from my computer a day or two. Yes. Eanos is along for the ride. He's pretty quiet in general, so always feel free to assume he's just tagging along with the rest of the group if need be.

El Jefe

First Post
The five adventurers made their way back down, down, down into the pit of Fallon. The magical waterlifts still worked at night, lifting huge cargo ships up to the level of the lake. But marvelous as the sight was, their attention was almost wholly devoted elsewhere.

Fallon at night was like an incredible festival of fireflies, with every surface of the floor and walls of the pit covered in lights. Since some of the larger buildings rose many stories from the floor, it appeared as a sparkling model of a city inside a glittering display case. Only this model was lifesize, and huge.

Going down was easy, although their legs began to burn near the bottom. They made their way across the city proper, their exertions forgotten as they wove their way past the glittering spires above them.

They hadn't gotten far up the staircase on the opposite side when their tired bodies reminded them of the previous morning's exertions. After several stops to rest, the group finally saw the lip of the pit give way to a familiar sight -- the Jolly Fisherman, beckoning to travellers as the last stop before the great city.

All slept very soundly, especially Joru, Quarion, and Eanos, who had walked for miles on the surface as well as down, across, up, down, across, and up the walls of the pit.

The new day dawned to sore muscles but a refreshed party, save for Dae. "I'm not feeling too well", he complained. "Why don't you go on ahead today, and I'll catch up when I can?"[sblock=Iamthetest: ]Still looking for a post from you. If and when you return, I can easily get you back into the adventure...just let me know.[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Alden wordlessly nods in response to Dae's request. Dae hadn't been very talkative yesterday, probably just a cold. After a quick breakfast, he heads out of the inn, squinting into the early morning light, he gazes out over the city and tries to figure out the path back up to the gate for their journey.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos awakes to muscle soreness, but even as he stretches and works out the stiffness, he praises Ayratha for the test of endurance yesterday gave him.

When he's loosened the knots in his muscles, the monk joins the others to break his fast, asking, "So we're looking for a large boulder, yes? Have we come to any kind of consensus as to whether or not we want to bring the guards along?."

He frowns a moment before adding. "Perhaps it's a matter of my most recent encounters, where nearly everyone seemed to be backstabbing everyone else, but are we sure the guards weren't involved in this theft?"

Remove ads