• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
"Sploshy isn't a threat," says Keldar to Galwynn as the paladin arrives beside him. He heads into the middle of the room, drawing a dagger, and calling out to Sploshy in Aquan, "Swear to Galatea, if you free, you fight fire, not adventurers." He takes up a defensive position between the elementals, and waves his weapons about. "Over here! Leave her alone! Get me!"

OOC: There we go. More or less my initial planned actions. Moving to the position three squares east of Rapture, and going on full defence (AC 19).

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Keldar moves to the center of the room and shouts at Sploshy. Sploshy responds, "
Of course! That creep has been staring at me for days, throw something over the runes and break the circle's integrity
!"
The water creature's liquid form presses up against the inside edge of the circle. It flattens and curves, as though it were held within a massive, invisible cylinder.

The fire elemental ignores Keldar and strikes Rapture with its flaming sword. (Hits AC 20, 7 damage to Rapture)

Tarag attempts to rebuke the fire elemental, but fails.

Galwynn shouts and charges forward, cutting the elemental right in its molten core. An unearthly sound comes from the fire guardian, something like a mix of cat burning alive and a small explosion. As the sound grows, the fire elemental grows larger and then explodes outward in a flash of light, spraying fire on the adventurers nearby. (5 fire damage to Galwynn and Rapture, Reflex save DC 14 halves)

After the flash of light, you see that the sword wielding fire guardian has now split into three, smaller versions of itself, each wielding miniature copies of the original flaming sword.

Tommy...

Rapture... (May or may not act, depending on her reflex save. Things have changed significantly, so please reroll your attack if you do need to.)

Attachments

• Floor-5-Round-2.jpg
    Floor-5-Round-2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 64

Wik

First Post
Galwynn, HP 17/19

Reflex Save (1d20+2=21)
(rolling well lately!)

Upon seeing Keldar communicate with the water elemental, Galwynn mutters "I'll be.... he actually CAN speak with water!" in shock. Of course, then he skewers the elemental, and is burned.

When he sees that he is surrounded, he shouts "What now!?" And then looks at Rapture. "you take one, I take one, the dwarf and the mage take the other?"

[sblock=OOC Regarding Posting Actions]
I really have no problem with people posting their actions ahead of time. It really does make things quicker. While we post fairly regularly for the most part, I have games where if people posted only at their turn... we'd still be at the opening fight. I think we have to make certain sacrifices to make PbP a valid gametype. Really, it does mean that Keldar has to act within metagame considerations occasionally, but if you choose not to, that's fine - if something happens in combat that makes someone's action later in the initiative count invalid, well, so be it. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Sometimes it saves time; sometimes it backfires, as today (although the multiplying elemental is a surprise!). On the whole, I think it's a negative. If that's the way we'd collectively prefer to do it, though, fair enough. Could I at least request that we take into account time zones (! - I'm generally up till 1am GMT, but no later) and that rolls generally be sblocked or left to the DM to make, so that the outcome remains unknown?[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy, thinking quickly, takes a step forward and casts grease on the 10 foot square occupied by the three smaller fire elementals. (save DC 15)

[sblock=spells prepared]
Spells 4/3
Save DC: 14 + spell lvl
0: Mage Hand, Ray of Frost x2, Detect Magic
1: Color Spray, Grease, Mage Armor
[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Trouvere said:
OOC: Sometimes it saves time; sometimes it backfires, as today (although the multiplying elemental is a surprise!). On the whole, I think it's a negative. If that's the way we'd collectively prefer to do it, though, fair enough. Could I at least request that we take into account time zones (! - I'm generally up till 1am GMT, but no later) and that rolls generally be sblocked or left to the DM to make, so that the outcome remains unknown?

Fair enough. I can Sblock my rolls. Good compromise, I'd think.

Boddynock

First Post
Suddenly the one elemental is three. Tarag's eyes narrow in concentration, then he shrugs.

"Oh well, last time! Chennet' - slap them around!"

[sblock=OOC]Notes on the Aether; last turn attempt; 3 small fire elementals: (1d20+1=11, 2d6+3=8)

That's enough for up to 4 elementals of 2 HD or less. :heh: [/sblock][sblock=Spells & Turnings]Spells per day: 4 / 3+1

Cantrips:
Create Water
Detect Magic
Guidance (converted to Cure Minor Wounds)
Light (converted to Cure Minor Wounds)

Level 1:
Bless
Burning hands (Fire domain)
Divine Favor (converted to Cure Light Wounds)
Shield of Faith

Turn/rebuke attempts per day: 4

Rebukes attempted today: 4[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
When he sees that he is surrounded, he shouts "What now!?" And then looks at Rapture. "you take one, I take one, the dwarf and the mage take the other?"
"Or we could go with this plan," murmurs Keldar. He takes a swing at the nearest small elemental, then hastily moves away, dropping his dagger, tugs his last javelin free... and drops it across the silver summoning circle. "I am Keldar, Keldar Warbray, yes, yes, the Keldar Warbray. I'm proud to fight alongside you," he says.

OOC: assuming Keldar acts before the new three! Solange: mutter, mutter, it still kills the suspense, grumble, grumble ;)
[sblock=DM]Standard action to attack with morning star 1d20+3=16, damage 1d8+2=7, 5' step NE (if I can get past that altar, otherwise 5' east will do), free action to drop dagger, move action to draw a nice lengthy javelin, free action to drop it in a neighbouring square, across the rune circle.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Tommy's grease knocks the first two elementals off their... feet? But the third remains standing. (Rolls)

Rapture withstands the heat from the explosion and gives a little elemental a little poke. (4 damage to F1)

Begin Round 3:

Keldar...

Attachments

• Floor-5-Round-3.jpg
    Floor-5-Round-3.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 57

Remove ads