D&D 4E Copyrights, NDAs and 4e "demos"

Voss

First Post
Stormtalon said:
Mmmmm, train-wreck. Can't wait. If it's anything like the virtual derailments I've seen before, it'll be a circus train and the broken bodies of clowns and mimes will be strewn all over, but rescuers won't be able to get to them because of all the invisible boxes in the way....

:uhoh:

Dead circus folk make for the best kind of train wrecks! :lol:
I expect it to be bad. I will be surprised if at least a few boards don't crash, and it will take a while to figure out what the real details are. They'll be enough errors, inaccuracies and outright lies, (and rancor spawned by it all, including the accurate bits) that the devs will be forced to clarify things. It'll be fun.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
WyzardWhately said:
What we really need to do is find two or three persons going there that we can rely on for serious, unbiased analysis. I know this sounds kind of elitist, but some smart folks, with a background in something like journalism, or game design, or similar. People who could really quantify and report.

We've got three representatives from EN World going, all of whom will have press passes, so we should get some good reporting!

Alt Boy!

Banned
Banned
Due to a lack of $150 for trainfare I had to bow out. I was all prepared with cameras, laptops, scanners. :(

I am Not ALT BOY! -- CG

hargert

First Post
Also figure that all we will get is the first level stuff but it should be a flood compared to what we have had in the past. Also it will be great to see real players thoughts on the game with no marketing BS or "only say good stuff".

The_Baldman

Explorer
Morrus said:
We've got three representatives from EN World going, all of whom will have press passes, so we should get some good reporting!

Most excellent good sir. If you had trouble getting into any events or if there is something you guys are looking to play please let me know. I have many powers and getting you into a game or three might perhaps sorta kinda just be one of them.

The_Baldman

Explorer
WyzardWhately said:
What we really need to do is find two or three persons going there that we can rely on for serious, unbiased analysis. I know this sounds kind of elitist, but some smart folks, with a background in something like journalism, or game design, or similar. People who could really quantify and report.

that's going to be the trick. Right now I have over 1,000 people going through 4th edition events (the full 5 hour events not the 30 minute dungeon delve snippits). Sorting through all of that is going to be a migraine for sure (well at least for you guys - my headaches are driven by something else right now)

The_Baldman

Explorer
The 4th edition full preview adventures are for 1st level characters. You get to keep those character sheets when your done (so don't get all sneaky and think you need to steal them or scan them under the table with your backpack conversion scanner - you can keep them . .honest).

There will also be a quick start sheet there that once again you get to keep. So I expect those to be up here and pretty much everwhere by oh so 5 minutes after the first game ends.

There are no NDA's to play anything and you're free to yap to your hearts desire whatever you learn at the show. It's the point afterall.

You can also ask your judge questions about your character and rules as they come up in the game (like can I use X on Y, what's the bonus or penalty if I try Z, etc.).

People should come out with a good feel for the starting level and the basic mechanics of the game which is really what all of you guys want.

Also the 2008 D&D Insiders Chat (about everything D&D going forward) is going to be taped and replaying onsite and posted later for everybody to see.

As to misinformation fighting. I cannot help you there. I'm sure I'll get many days entertainment out of them though.

WyzardWhately

First Post
wavester said:
that's going to be the trick. Right now I have over 1,000 people going through 4th edition events (the full 5 hour events not the 30 minute dungeon delve snippits). Sorting through all of that is going to be a migraine for sure (well at least for you guys - my headaches are driven by something else right now)

Sir, I do not envy you your job, even with the substantial fringe benefit of getting to see the game before we do. I organized a few small-scale cons back at my university (as VP of the gaming club, it was part of my position,) and it's not something I would ever care to do again, let alone on such a huge scale. I would snap inside of a day if I had to do your job. Kudos to you.

Remove ads