• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Copyrights, NDAs and 4e "demos"

Pssthpok

First Post
Hussar said:
Well, the upshot of all this is, people only have what, two more weeks to continuously bitch, whine and complain about the lack of crunchiness in the previews.

I mean, how much more crunch can you get than actually playing the game.

I could go for a list of powers, much like how we got the list of feats from the 3.5 PHB previews. Or maybe just some sample spells. Something to whet the appetite.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Hussar said:
Well, the upshot of all this is, people only have what, two more weeks to continuously bitch, whine and complain about the lack of crunchiness in the previews.

I think you will be disappointed when these two weeks have passed. There will be a wailing and a gnashing of teeth because the crunch wasn't released soon enough to make up for any loss of complaints that not enought crunch is known.

And after people have talked about the first level game ... they will complain that they don't have enough crunch to know how the rest of the game works.

/M

The_Baldman

Explorer
doctorhook said:
Seconded.

Theft? Assault? Threatened assault? Yikes; sometimes I forget that not everybody in this hobby is a decent person....

Oh I have stories. I have a friend who just had surgery last week to remove a one inch piece of a mechanical pencil from his head near his eye. It broke off in there when a gamer at a table a month ago attacked him with it (he hit another gamer during a game and when my friend told him to get his stuff and get out of the store he then snapped and attacked him - he has since been booted out of the store of course) and he did not know it was in there until it got infected.

The_Baldman

Explorer
Hussar said:

I mean, how much more crunch can you get than actually playing the game.

Actually about 7 days on the button right now. The D&D Insider meeeting is from 10am-noon next Thursday and the first games of 4th edition outside of Wotc and the playtesters kicks off at 1PM. So I fully expect stuff up here next Thursday.

The_Baldman

Explorer
Charwoman Gene said:
Tell us the Twincest story!

Buy me a beer and I'll tell you the story of my little girl (3 at the time), her preschool, and the story she had to tell them after watching me play EQ2 the night before. Guaranteed laughes.

or one of my 3rd edition preview groups that was all kids who all died from a bush while making camp for the night.

Good times good times

Last edited:

Gundark

Explorer
Dragonblade said:
I hope so. This news drought is killing me! I need my 4e fix. I'm starting to get the shakes. :D

Seriously I'm considering picking up World of Warcraft again.....

That said after reading the news I hope that WotC posts the characters online for those of us who can't be there

Tewligan

First Post
lukelightning said:
I just hope nobody posts any spoilers about the adventure, such as what kind of pie the orc is guarding.
Uh, did you miss the scoop about that, dude? Pie isn't going to be in the first core books. Cobbler killed it and took its stuff.

Remove ads