• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Copyrights, NDAs and 4e "demos"

The_Baldman

Explorer
WyzardWhately said:
Sir, I do not envy you your job, even with the substantial fringe benefit of getting to see the game before we do. I organized a few small-scale cons back at my university (as VP of the gaming club, it was part of my position,) and it's not something I would ever care to do again, let alone on such a huge scale. I would snap inside of a day if I had to do your job. Kudos to you.

This shows easy compared to Gencon. Multiple this one times 4 and it gets into the ballpark of what I deal with there.

Stormtalon

First Post
wavester said:
The 4th edition full preview adventures are for 1st level characters. You get to keep those character sheets when your done (so don't get all sneaky and think you need to steal them or scan them under the table with your backpack conversion scanner - you can keep them . .honest).

There will also be a quick start sheet there that once again you get to keep.

You do realize just how many peoples' dreams of Mission: Impossible style antics you crushed right there, yes? I hope you're proud of yourself (I know I would be, right down to the evil cackling and monologuing)....

:cool:

The_Baldman

Explorer
Stormtalon said:
You do realize just how many peoples' dreams of Mission: Impossible style antics you crushed right there, yes? I hope you're proud of yourself (I know I would be, right down to the evil cackling and monologuing)....

:cool:

If I couldn't crush the hopes and dreams of D&D players everywhere what kind of DM would I really be and would I really be able to look at myself in the reflection of my shiny DM screen?

WyzardWhately

First Post
wavester said:
If I couldn't crush the hopes and dreams of D&D players everywhere what kind of DM would I really be and would I really be able to look at myself in the reflection of my shiny DM screen?

Have you ever ejected people from a con for poor hygiene?

Dragonblade

Adventurer
wavester said:
The 4th edition full preview adventures are for 1st level characters. You get to keep those character sheets when your done (so don't get all sneaky and think you need to steal them or scan them under the table with your backpack conversion scanner - you can keep them . .honest).

There will also be a quick start sheet there that once again you get to keep. So I expect those to be up here and pretty much everwhere by oh so 5 minutes after the first game ends.

There are no NDA's to play anything and you're free to yap to your hearts desire whatever you learn at the show. It's the point afterall.

You can also ask your judge questions about your character and rules as they come up in the game (like can I use X on Y, what's the bonus or penalty if I try Z, etc.).

People should come out with a good feel for the starting level and the basic mechanics of the game which is really what all of you guys want.

Also the 2008 D&D Insiders Chat (about everything D&D going forward) is going to be taped and replaying onsite and posted later for everybody to see.

As to misinformation fighting. I cannot help you there. I'm sure I'll get many days entertainment out of them though.

Nice!! I'll be hitting refresh on my browser all weekend long, eagerly devouring every tidbit. I hope that WotC releases PDF copies of the character sheets and the crib sheet, or someone at least scans it for us.

Christian

Explorer
SteveC said:
The anonymity of my screen name, and the fact that I will be wearing an outrageous fake mustache will protect me from any NDAs. Expect all the details I get from the adventures and Dungeon Crawl to show up on ENWorld.

Why do I imagine teams of WOTC ninjas combing the Madison, WI phone book looking for targets?

"Stephen L. Campbell. Team Alpha, that's yours."

"Check!"

"Steven and Melanie Carpenter. Team Beta."

"Check!"

"Steve Colter. Team Gamma ... Team Gamma? ... Dammit, put away those Magic decks and get with the program--we're on a mission here!"

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
As Wavester said there are no NDAs as it is a public show.

Any playtester or freelancer under NDA is still bound by that oath as they may have seen more than we will reveal so they have to keep mum.

As for the masses at the show, you'll be able to have at it. We will not restrict stuff like cameras, laptops, cell phones, etc as long as using them does not interfere with gameplay and the enjoyment of those at your table.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
wavester said:

NEW SCOOP! 4E DM Screen is Shiny, Reflective!

HeinorNY

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
We will not restrict stuff like cameras, laptops, cell phones, etc as long as using them does not interfere with gameplay and the enjoyment of those at your table.
DAMN!

Pack it up boys....

attachment.php

Attachments

• thegiantcamera.jpg
    thegiantcamera.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 535

The_Baldman

Explorer
WyzardWhately said:
Have you ever ejected people from a con for poor hygiene?

I've had lots of long chats with them and removed one from a table at a smaller local show. I've also removed people for theft, assault, threatened assault, cheating (on various levels), and forgery.

See it's a fun job LOL.

Dave

Remove ads