• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Into the World

renau1g

First Post
Ah...yes... maybe someone can punk a weapon from the blacksmith (any aspiring rogues?) If not, then the big, dumb kid will grab a club and (to quote Homer Simpson) "Bash you Good!"

Voldrath

Explorer
I assume it's ok for riggan to have his sling with just rocks for ammo. But what about his "Pointy stick"™? :D Crude short spear? 1d6- 1 or 2? Or should i just settle for a stave of some sort?

On the matter of slang if it gets too cryptic just say so. I'm drawing from two pools "southern", and "hillfolk" both of witch I have heard regularly but am not in the habit of speaking myself.

Charlie is definitely a paladin, he just doesn't know it yet. :p I can imagine his not being able to help here driving him in the future.

renau1g

First Post
bytor4232 said:
Just wait, there will be time for looting shortly.

No worries... I was just joking, I don't think any of the orphans would be brave enough to try and take anything from the blacksmith. He probably makes things like horseshoes, etc. anyways. And it's not like any of us know how to use a real weapon properly either.

bytor4232

First Post
Voldrath said:
I assume it's ok for riggan to have his sling with just rocks for ammo. But what about his "Pointy stick"™? :D Crude short spear? 1d6- 1 or 2? Or should i just settle for a stave of some sort?

A sling would be acceptable. Thats a simple weapon. However, remember there is a -4 penalty to any weapon you are not proficient in. As a commoner, you can be proficient on ONE simple weapon, see my next post.

Voldrath said:
On the matter of slang if it gets too cryptic just say so. I'm drawing from two pools "southern", and "hillfolk" both of witch I have heard regularly but am not in the habit of speaking myself.

I'm following it just fine, and am finding it quite entertaining! Keep on!

Voldrath said:
Charlie is definitely a paladin, he just doesn't know it yet. :p I can imagine his not being able to help here driving him in the future.

Thats the point of the Zero Level starting spot. We are basically building our characters organically. Eventually your going to have to find training to make it into your class, that will be fun!

Last edited:

bytor4232

First Post
Since you guys are basically commoners, you can be proficient in one simple weapon limited to your town's current GP limit, which is laughably low. Here is a list of simple weapons that could be tools found on the common farm or lying organically in any patch of forest:

Dagger - 1d4 Bludgeoning or Slashing
Club - 1d6 Bludgeoning
Sickle - 1d6 Slashing
Shortspear - 1d6 Piercing
Sling - 1d4 Bludgeoning

Remember, you can be proficient in ONE simple weapon. Any other weapons will be subject to the -4 penalty

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Hmmmmm..... I'm torn, I think the Sickle makes sense, if they are a wheat-type farming community, but the club works also...mostly because it's so simple, just crush stuff. I think it's really creepy picture a group of tweens walking around with these weapons... Children of the Corn anyone? Anyways, I think the club fits best with Mikhail's overall demeanor, a big brute, who's better at choping wood & tilling fields, these actions seem similar to a club strike.

Walking Dad

First Post
Voldrath said:

I enjoy it, too. I just cannot do it myself :(

bytor4232 said:
Thats the point of the Zero Level starting spot. We are basically building our characters organically. Eventually your going to have to find training to make it into your class, that will be fun!

Hm, a bit of my character concept is "unwanted legacy" and a growing acceptance of the inevitable. I hope this is okay for the campaign.

Edit: I would like to use a dagger. I thought the 15 2 :cool: gp would be a bit much. If not, can I retcon my posts to a dagger? It would better fit Darren's personality.

Last edited:

bytor4232

First Post
I was torn on the Sickle, since only farming potatoes is the result the town's demise, however the Sickle is just too cool a farming impliment not to have available in this case!

Remove ads