• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Cinematic (Recruiting)

Albedo

First Post
Ok guys, character concepts are coming along great. Keep at it, and I'll probably get a chance to read thru all the posted material in a few days time.

Albedo

First Post
Vertexx69 said:
Still human as well, and that says your first class becomes your favored class. And I'm thinking about dropping fighter down to 3, then there would be no xp penalty since all but favored class (swordsage) are within 2 lvls.

Just to let you know, a humans favored class is its highest level class, not its first one.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hm, this game sounds like Dynasty Warriors. Very cool. No way I could put together a 30th level character sheet in less than that many days. :(

Vertexx69

First Post
Jemal said:
Half ogre isn't a template that's added to a base race, it's a race itself, like half-elf or half-orc.
Also technically half-ogres are giants and thus not applicable for the feral template.
Its a template on crystalkeep, +1 LA gains giant subtype but keeps original type too. And the Half-ogre race from SS is humanoid with the "giant blood" subtype not a giant, like the dragonblooded subtype your spellscale has :)

Jemal

Adventurer
Savage Species is the Wizards version, and I was under the impression that Albedo was only allowing wizards sources.

Also, the half-ogre race doesn't specify a racial type(Least not in my book), I was just going off the 'gaint blooded: For all purposes relating to race half-ogres are considered giants"

Jemal

Adventurer
Avalon - Huh, so it is. I just checked, and there are a couple minor differences.
Races of destiny is exact same as the half ogre in the Savage species excepting:
It clarify's that the creature type is Giant, and the Level adjustment is listed as +2.

Guess it all depends on which version Albedo decides to use.

Walking Dad

First Post
Albedo said:
Walking Dad: [sblock]
The first 2 feats, I have no problem with you taking, they are not overpowered in any ways shape or form, and they are pretty much the reason I didn't outright ban the concept of a those feats right off the bat. The other two I am sketchy on, but I have been thinking about warlocks today at work (where I do my best thinking :p) and it occured to me that I don't actually mind the concept of the eldrich blast being considered a weapon for this camapaign, with a few stipulations.

First off, if you were to use your Eldrich blast itself as a weapon, I would like you to redesign it to more of a natural attack than a spell, if you get my drift. Lets see if you can get creative with it.

Second, I would need to restrict what things you could append to it. This goes towards that fourth feat you posted, Lord of All Essences [Epic]. I would allow this feat if you take your Eldrich blast as the way I suggest, but only if you don't use any invocations paired with your eldrich blast that cause any "save or" effects. Direct Damage only. If the save or is a minor effect, I may let it pass, but I will goe over your invocations you pick and see if any don't work. If I don't restrict them, you'll just be a full caster essentially, and I'm trying to shy away from that.

Dark Transient is out. I just don't like that one, sorry.

Shadowmaster will only be allowed if you flat out promise I will never see you use the shadow conjuration ability in combat against anything other than mooks.

I hope this will make you character fit better in the setting. Let me know what you think.[/sblock]

I wanted to redesign the eldritch blast more like a "soul weapon" (Think abit like Inferno or better the green guy in "Soul Calibur (PS2)"). Normally atting with it like a glaive, short haftening for hidious blow and throwin or crcling it for eldritch line / doom. I wanted to pair vitriolic blast with utterdark blast (we could make it deal only damage ones, but requiring a save versus the level drain).

You get my promise to use Shadowmaster only for fluff and combat versus mooks.

I would play a human with the dark creature template from tome of magic.

Work in progress:

Dark Human Warlock 29 / Ex-Monk 1 (ECL 30)
(Template gained through Collar of Dark Meatamorphosis (22,000 gp)

[sblock]Abilities:

Concentration
Spellcraft
Use Magic Device
Hide
Move Silently

Feats:
H Able Learner (Races of Destiny)
1 Combat Reflexes
3 Dark Stalker (Lords of Madness)
6 Extra Invocation
9 Extra Invocation
12 Extra Invocation
15 Extra Invocation
18 Extra Invocation

21 Epic Extra Invocation
24 Lord of all Essences
27 Shadowmaster
30 Epic Extra Invocation

Warlock Bonus Feats:
23 Superior Intiative
26 Energy Resistance
29 Fast Healing

Least 3 (+2)
Darkness
Eldritch Glaive (Dragon Magic p. 82)
Hammer Blast (Comp Mage p. 124)
Devil Sight
Entropic Warding

Lesser 3 (+3)
Beshadowed Blast
Ignore the Pyre (Dragon Magic p. 82)
Relentless Dispelling (Comp Mage p. 124)
Fell Flight
Flee the Scene
Voidsense

Greater 3
Enervating Shadows
Vitrolic Blast
Nightmares made real (Comp Mage p. 124)

Dark 3 (+2)
Dark Discorporation
Binding Blast (Comp Mage p. 123)
Caster's Lament (Comp Mage p. 123)
Path of Shadow
Eldritch Doom[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Hmm, I'm thinking that Whin is a bit much of a caster for this campaign. I do have a few other options, I'll work up something without a caster level.

Avalon®

First Post
@ Walking Dad:

You could add another class level to your character there if you buy the Dark template as an item. Check out the collar of umbral metamorphosis in the Tome of Magic book.

Remove ads