EN World Short Story Smackdown - FINAL: Berandor vs Piratecat - The Judgment Is In!

maxfieldjadenfox said:
And PC, having never met Rodrigo in person, I guess I have to bow to your greater (and reiterated) knowledge, but in my mind, Rodrigo will always look like Antonio Banderas...

:hola:

I'm much taller than Antonio Banderas, though.

edit: dammit, where's my 'Hola' smilie :gnash:

edit: dammit, we need more smilies.

Hello Everyone,

Apologies for the confusion, but as of this post, no pictures have been posted and no matches have commenced. I could not access EN World all of yesterday, no matter how hard I tried. Everything seems to be OK now so for those reading this post, expect some images in about 50 minutes - 9:00am Sydney time.

We have two matches to commence this morning:

Round 1 Match 7
Rodrigo Istalindir vs. tadk

Round 1 Match 8
Mythago vs maxfieldjadenfox

Apologies again for the confusion. In addition, I am going to try and nut down times for all other matches so if you are reading this and have not posted a preferred starting time for this week, please do.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

PS: If the boards go down again, you can email your entry direct to me at samphipps at optusnet.com.au
I will make sure the other judges get it.

Thorod Ashstaff said:
Pictures? I don't see no stinkin' pictures! Am I missing something? I thought pictures were posted within the thread.

-One confused dwarf
Apologies for the confusion Thorod, but I could not access EN World yesterday. Unfortunately you have taken Rodrigo at his word which is always a dangerous thing. ;)
No images have yet been posted despite Rodrigo's assertion of their supposed difficulty [I suggest you send some serious smacktalk back in response].
Your pictures shall be posted in roughly 24 hours, so have fun sharpening your pencils and getting ready - check the first post of this thread for details.

Round One Match Two
Thorod Ashstaff vs. Eeralai

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

madwabbit said:
I haven't given my email to any of the judges -- did I miss a post instructing us to do so?

Nor do I have any of the judges' emails.

I feel alone, lost, and bereft of judgey goodness and instruction. :D
Apologies for the confusion. Will you be OK to write in 24 hours? I'm planning your match for tomorrow. See my previous post (about 3 or 4 up) for details regarding my email and sending in entries if EN World is down again. I'll also add this to the first post of the thread.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Piratecat said:
Lori, what's good for you? I'm going to be away this coming weekend, so need something that either falls into one week or the other. I'll find out when I'm back home.
Hello PC and Orchid Blossom,

If I can get confirmation from you both that all is OK, I can post your pictures almost immediately, as this would seem to be the only way to cater to both of your wishes.
I'll do my best to fit in with you.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Round One - Match Seven
Rodrigo Istalindir vs. tadk

You have 72 hours from this post to submit your entries. Best of luck from the judges!

Attachments

• R1 - M7 - Image 1.jpg
    R1 - M7 - Image 1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 226
  • R1 - M7 - Image 2.jpg
    R1 - M7 - Image 2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 220
  • R1 - M7 - Image 3.jpg
    R1 - M7 - Image 3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 239
  • R1 - M7 - Image 4.jpg
    R1 - M7 - Image 4.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 213

Round One - Match Eight
Mythago vs. maxfieldjadenfox

You have 72 hours from this post to submit your entries. Best of luck from the judges!

Attachments

• R1 - M8 - Image 1.jpg
    R1 - M8 - Image 1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 85
  • R1 - M8 - Image 2.jpg
    R1 - M8 - Image 2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 107
  • R1 - M8 - Image 3.jpg
    R1 - M8 - Image 3.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 108
  • R1 - M8 - Image 4.jpg
    R1 - M8 - Image 4.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 145

awayfarer

First Post
I gotta confess, I feel like I don't know anyone here well enough to smacktalk without just sounding like an ass. I apologize if I offended anybody.

Furthermore I've edited out all references to the Communist Party of America. There's no conclusive proof that my opponent was even there when the war crimes were committed, so I've retracted any statements to the opposite effect. Lastly, the words "kitten leather trousers" have been removed from all of my previous posts. I don't think I need to tell you why. Hoo-boy. Just saying all this by way of an apology.

Wednesday afternoon is perfect by the way.

Last edited:

orchid blossom

Explorer
Herremann the Wise said:
Hello PC and Orchid Blossom,

If I can get confirmation from you both that all is OK, I can post your pictures almost immediately, as this would seem to be the only way to cater to both of your wishes.
I'll do my best to fit in with you.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

I'm ok to go as soon as you say. No problem with accomodating PC as I'd also like to have my weekend free for some family stuff.

Sorry for the late response, I had some trouble with my firewall and there was much monkeying about with my PC before I could go online.

Remove ads