• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So let's talk seriously about scheduling ENWorlder games at GenCon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psion

Adventurer
Ghostwind said:
Figure on an average of one and a half hours per character for generation of career level 7 characters. It's the gear that's the problem.

Really? I thought the 2.0 rules looked like they were making gear selection easy.

Ghostwind

First Post
Psion said:
Really? I thought the 2.0 rules looked like they were making gear selection easy.

It's a bit misleading because you have to flip back and forth between so many different tables. Very time consuming. If you are doing a first level character, it's not bad. But when you do mid level and above, you see that there are real problems with how the book is laid out in the gear chapter.

reapersaurus said:
I don't feel comfortable asking this of y'all, but if any kind soul happens to be around Hasbro's booth(s) when they're giving away the Gencon exclusive Nerak figure for the Heroscape board/minis game, it would be awesome if you could pick one up and give to any guy/gal in a Heroscape.net T-shirt you see.
There are a lot of big fans of the game that will probably not get that figure, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the heads up! Do you know when they will be giving it away, or is it randomly thoroughout the convention?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
romp said:
kewl :) sign me up for Rel's Thurs Sky Galleons game and Crothians' Paranoia game. I would like to sign up for the Fri T20 game if at all possible :D

I added you to my Thursday Sky Galleons game and Crothian's Paranoia game. I seem to recall Psion saying that his T20 game was full so I'll hold off on adding you to that one for now.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
RangerWickett said:
I just popped in this thread (a bit late, I know), so if someone a bit more up to date could tell me if there's anything else going on around 4pm on Saturday, I'd be grateful.

RW, check the first post in the thread. It contains a schedule that I'm updating constantly.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Announcement!

Just a reminder that I'll be checking this thread late tonight and again first thing in the morning. At that time I'll be printing the schedule and packing it with my stuff to go to GenCon. After that time all changes will have to be made at the con. The pickup game book at the ENWorld booth is the place to do that.

Psion

Adventurer
Rel said:
I added you to my Thursday Sky Galleons game and Crothian's Paranoia game. I seem to recall Psion saying that his T20 game was full so I'll hold off on adding you to that one for now.

Go ahead and add him. I think I have 8 pregens, and I think we ran with 8 last time.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Piratecat's Games running at Gen Con

We'll have signups for these at the ENnie booth as well, of course. Come game with me! All games will meet at the EN World booth.

Thur 2pm-6pm: "A lazy day in Eversink." As agents for one of the great Mercantile houses of Eversink, you're used to corruption and politics. How bad could today be? Just wait to find out. . . D&D, six players, characters provided.

Fri 10am-2pm: "A lazy day in Eversink." As agents for one of the great Mercantile houses of Eversink, you're used to corruption and politics. How bad could today be? Just wait to find out. . . D&D, six players, characters provided.

Sat 2pm-6pm: "Mace Hunter and the Fountain of Youth." Zeppelins! Pygmies! Tommy guns! Femme Fatales! And a missing archeologist whose absence spells big trouble for Mace Hunter and his intrepid band of adventurers. Adventure! d20 (1930s pulp), all rules will be taught, seven players, characters provided.

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Piratecat said:
Piratecat's Games running at Gen Con

We'll have signups for these at the ENnie booth as well, of course. Come game with me! All games will meet at the EN World booth.

Thur 2pm-6pm: "A lazy day in Eversink." As agents for one of the great Mercantile houses of Eversink, you're used to corruption and politics. How bad could today be? Just wait to find out. . . D&D, six players.

Fri 10am-6pm: "A lazy day in Eversink." As agents for one of the great Mercantile houses of Eversink, you're used to corruption and politics. How bad could today be? Just wait to find out. . . D&D, six players.

Sat 2pm-6pm: "Mace Hunter and the Fountain of Youth." Zeppelins! Pygmies! Tommy guns! Femme Fatales! And a missing archeologist whose absence spells big trouble for MAce Hunter and his intrepid band of adventurers. Adventure! d20 (1930s pulp), all rules will be taught, seven players.

Given that the Round Robin game looks as though it may not happen, I'd like to reserve a spot in the Mace Hunter and the Fountain of Youth game.

I would humbly suggest to der_kluge that we consider moving the Round Robin game to Sunday morning in place of his HARP game (which didn't seem to garner much response). I would tend to bet that a lot of the folks left at GenCon by Sunday morning might be ready for the laid back, no-prep-required game like the Round Robin game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads