Boston EN World game a great success! Photo on p. 9!

MojoGM

First Post
Yup, it was an awesome day. Both the Savage Species and Shadowrun games I played in were a lot of fun.

Many thanks to PC and KC for hosting the day, your house is awesome.

It was really great to meet you all in person.

Djeta wants to hold one at our place, but since we live in an apartment that would be rather difficult. Of course, if we can sieze the two lower floors of our building...

Henry

Autoexreginated
orchid blossom said:
Better be careful making offers like that or you'll be running Chez Piratecat's Bed and Breakfast.

Or at least consult with Ao over his recent purchase of earplugs.

Humorous story from Gary Gygax: According to an interview, the first GenCon (I think he said it was one or two nights) was held at Gary's house, and many participants slept on the floor in sleeping bags that night to go home the next day.

I bunk with a friend in Raleigh on Game Days, myself. :)

I'm glad to hear a blast was had by all, and every one was safe and sound.

Last edited:

Davelozzi

Explorer
I have had a chance to come to the boards since Saturday so altough it's a little late, I'd like to add my chorus of thanks to the list. PC & KC - it's really cool of you two to host these things, it's a great service to the local gaming community. It's so cool to be able to get together, meet other gamers and try different games.

I had a great time with Dying Earth. I'll admit that when I flipped through the starter rules that Gospog lent me, I wasn't sure that it would be my thing but I ended up having a blast, of course, thanks to Mearls' excellent GMing and to other players who all got right into the spirit of the game.

Although I wish I could've cloned myself so that I could stuck around for the second half, I can't really complain as I had an excellent night celebrating the marriage of one of my college buddies. Great weekend all around! :D

and Doc M - thanks for the help ID'ing everyone in the photo. Very cool.

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
MojoGM said:
Djeta wants to hold one at our place, but since we live in an apartment that would be rather difficult. Of course, if we can sieze the two lower floors of our building...

We could probably handle two games... one in the living room, one in the kitchen...it would be a tight fit, but certainly possible...

What we'd do with with Monty on the other hand...

He's not as well behaved and calm as PC & KC's adorable pups.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
MojoGM said:

Ah. Perhaps there's a false perception here that Gamedays have to be big to be fun. The first three that I went to organized through the boards were at P-cat's and KC's house, but they only had one game the entire day. This huge mob and five games at a time is a relatively new development, and only happened because those of us who went had a great time and talked it up a lot, generatign interest.

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
Umbran said:
Ah. Perhaps there's a false perception here that Gamedays have to be big to be fun. The first three that I went to organized through the boards were at P-cat's and KC's house, but they only had one game the entire day. This huge mob and five games at a time is a relatively new development, and only happened because those of us who went had a great time and talked it up a lot, generatign interest.

Thanks. I think a small game day could be just as fun too. Saturday was just so fun, I really want to go to another one soon :)

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Top Ten comical lines stated during Dougmander's Septentrionalis game (excluding the wonderful lines already cited by dougmander):

#10: Stated by the player of the Mohawk Brave after he summons up a second group of wolves to help attack the enemies, and the DM apologizes for not bringing enough wolf miniatures: “That’s okay. I’ll take Dire Elephants if you have them.”

#9: Stated by the non-superstitious Natural Philosopher as a large group of shadowy wrath-like sprits emerge in the air above the party: "Birds. They’re just birds.”

#8: Stated by the Buccaneer pirate when the Rogue asks where the two other party members have gone off to: ”They are checking out a building just beyond the trees, but don’t tell the French fop. He’ll cry if he finds out that he could have actually slept under a roof last night.”

#7: Stated by a player after the DM describes the humanoid scarecrow attacking them as “He looks like Ray Bolger.”: “You mean he’s dead?”

#6: Optimistically stated by the party’s Rogues, when they are hopelessly outmatched by a contingent of armed enemy riders swiftly charging them: “Good! Here come our horses.”

#5: Stated by the French Musketeer after the party leaves the reef in a hastily constructed raft, and the DM asks if they are rowing towards the Massachusetts coast a few hundred yards away. “No, I say we row back to France.”

#4: Stated by a player after the rogue was hauled into the ocean by a group of sea devils: “So, I guess he lost the immunity challenge and was voted off the island.”

#3: Stated by the Buccaneer pirate after the Musketeer questions if either of the women in the party might actually be witches: “Let’s check. Does anybody have a duck?”

#2: Stated by the French Musketeer after a reference is made to the French Noblewoman's bustle being over her chest, and the player states “You’re thinking of a corset, a bustle is worn on the rear.”: “She is a witch! She’s wearing it backwards!”

#1: Stated by a player after the Mohawk Brave casts a spell and says “I’m calling some wolf brothers to come help us”: “It looks like it worked!”, while pointing at Piratecat’s dog Finny, which has just entered the room and sat down beside the Mohawk’s player.

Last edited:

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
Best line in Spycraft...

Dying old man kidnapped by neo nazi's (aka PCat) : Do me a favor, Kill me...
German secret agent marksman (aka guedo79) : Uh, ok

:D

Gawd I loved that game.

nopantsyet

First Post
Silver Moon said:
Top Ten comical lines stated during Dougmander's Septentrionalis game (excluding the wonderful lines already cited by dougmander):

ROTFL! Thanks for the list, Silver Moon. I'd managed to forget a couple of those gems! Although I have to say, I nearly cried when the Dragoon died saying, "I'm...French...too..."

Also let's not forget Kriskrafts' lively Command spells. I nearly jumped out of my skin on that first, "LEAVE!!!"

Remove ads