Boston gameday on Oct 22nd! (Sign-up here at 7pm Mon Oct 10th)

Zephrin the Lost

First Post
4e Game Off

Sorry, all, but looks like I'll be working Saturday. I own a small company and we've had some unexpected excitement that's going to keep me busy through the weekend.

So there's a GM slot open for the am.

Also, I won't be able to play Princess Keyblade's dragonage game, which makes me sad.

Hope everyone has a great day, and lots of fun!

--Z

Also, I won't be able to play Princess Keyblade's dragonage game, which makes me sad.
--Z

Well seeing as we live close enough ... I bet you I can run it for you another time.

Sorry about the excitement dude. That sucks.

My game only has one player in it.... PC, are we expecting anyone not online to come to the gameday? I don't think there will be enough for my afternoon game.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Sorry, all, but looks like I'll be working Saturday. I own a small company and we've had some unexpected excitement that's going to keep me busy through the weekend.

Aw, sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to it. But excitement matters more, I hope it works out okay!

So there's a GM slot open for the am.

Well, by the listing in the OP, it looks like Silvermoon's game can take up the slack. I think I'm the only one who's played it before, and I'm local enough that just coming by for the afternoon's no big thing.

But, there may be more than meets the eye here, so we should call on the organizer. [MENTION=2]Piratecat[/MENTION]?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Okay, here's the plan. I'm going to update the grid as if the 4e game was still going on, just to make sure no one gets missed, then I'll remove the game and figure out how to shift games. It'll take about half an hour. Stay tuned!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Okay, here's the challenge. Everything is set for the afternoon -- Dragon Age can absorb 2 more players, but every other game is full! The problem is the morning. Teen Titans [3 individuals] isn't drawing a big audience this time, and the 4e game has to be canceled, which leaves 6 people in search of a game. That leaves nine people: too many for one game, and slightly too few for 2 games (it'd be one game with 3 players, 1 game with 4, assuming someone volunteers to run a second game.)

Suggestions?

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
Okay, here's the challenge. Everything is set for the afternoon -- Dragon Age can absorb 2 more players, but every other game is full! The problem is the morning. Teen Titans [3 individuals] isn't drawing a big audience this time, and the 4e game has to be canceled, which leaves 6 people in search of a game. That leaves nine people: too many for one game, and slightly too few for 2 games (it'd be one game with 3 players, 1 game with 4, assuming someone volunteers to run a second game.)

I’m currently slotted for the Teen Titans Game, and was quite looking forward to it!

But, if we want/need to break up into two groups, I’d be happy to run something if necessary. I’d lean towards Chaosiums’ “Call of Cthulhu”, which A) I’m fairly conversant with, ruleswise, B) Have tons of one-shot adventures for, and C) would work pretty well for a small group. (Note that, regardless of what adventure we pick, it’s probably not appropriate for younger audiences.)

Or I might be able to run a Pathfinder scenario; I've been eyeballing the "We Be Goblins" scenario that was the Free RPG day scenario this year, and it seems pretty light-hearted, and would fit 4 players.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Thanks to Rel, I can offer to run an Old School Hack Game - simple rules, not a whole lot of GM prep beforehand, should be pretty flexible to the number of players in the game.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
And PKB is willing to run a Danger Patrol! game, which runs wonderfully with very few people.

Hey, Silvermoon, can you run Teen Titans with three? If so we'll put Bruce in there, Umbran will run OSH for the other 4e players, and we're set. If not, PKB will run a 3 person Danger Patrol! game and Umbran will run OSH. We're in good shape either way. Just let me know.

Remove ads