Boston EN World game a great success! Photo on p. 9!

Silver Moon

Adventurer
nopantsyet said:
Also let's not forget Kriskrafts' lively Command spells. I nearly jumped out of my skin on that first, "LEAVE!!!"
Ah! The "mother voice". Once during our weekly game Kris went to investigate noises upstairs long after the kids had been sent to bed, and saw lights on in one of their rooms. She bellowed "PUT THAT LIGHT OUT RIGHT NOW!" When she returned to the game we were all sitting in the dark, since none of us dared to challenge her.

And "nopantsyet", a big thanks from me for actually wearing pants to the event.

Last edited:

DanMcS

Explorer
dougmander said:
Thanks to our gracious hosts and to everyone who played in my Septentrionalis game. Your enthusiasm (and outrageous accents) made easy work for me.

Wait, hang on, you, dougmander, are the guy the wrote this stuff? I mean, the pdfs from that page are offline now, but you're the guy that wrote Septentrionalis? Nice to meet you. I've been using rules and stuff from those PDFs for, seems like a year now. Great stuff.

orchid blossom

Explorer
It's been great to read the tidbits from everyone else's games. I wish I could have played them all.

What was really great to me is how the players and GM's were willing to get enthusiastically into their characters. Most games I play in, talk "in character" is a bit sparce and uncomfortable, and the GM's are certainly not up and moving around, being the dead body, or bowing before you as the
villagers worship you as a god. It was kind of strange to me, but really cool.

We need to do this again, soon. I need more practice.

dougmander

Explorer
DanMcS said:
Wait, hang on, you, dougmander, are the guy the wrote this stuff? I mean, the pdfs from that page are offline now, but you're the guy that wrote Septentrionalis? Nice to meet you. I've been using rules and stuff from those PDFs for, seems like a year now. Great stuff.

Yes, that's me! Sorry that the PDFs aren't available anymore. The full story is that they are likely to be published as a 256-page hardcover sourcebook in 2004 by a major d20 publisher. In fact, I'm going through the editing process right now. I pulled the PDFs because they're not 3.5e and don't accurately reflect what I've done with the game in the past year or so. (This was my decision and not the publisher's, by the way). The good news is that I've written way more than can be squeezed into one book, so you may see some "web enhancements" or other supplementary materials once the manuscript has been finalized.

Nice to meet you too, and it really feels great to hear about someone who found the PDFs useful. What rules in particular have you been using?

Thanks for your praise,

dougmander

Explorer
Piratecat said:
All that, Dan, AND he's incredibly cool in person. People couldn't stop talking about how much fun they had in that game. :)

I couldn't stop talking about it either. Great fun all round. Please reserve me a table for the next Boston game day. Dibs on the living room!

nopantsyet

First Post
dougmander said:
I couldn't stop talking about it either. Great fun all round. Please reserve me a table for the next Boston game day. Dibs on the living room!

Yeah! Living room was nice. I was mighty comfy in the archair with my papers on Old Frogstool.

Remove ads