• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Memories and Portents Chapter #2: Scourge of the Howling Horde

SecondTime

First Post
It's been a rough run for Dondel Bresh, rougher than usual. Both the supplies and human charges which constitute his caravan have recieved inordinate punishment from the local weather. At its worst, the storm forced him to seek shelter in what turned out to be a cursed goblin keep, or so claimed that yapping bard Soto. If it wasn't for those advanturers...Sordid characters maybe, and in the week since that incident he's picked up even more dubious individuals along the trade road besides. They mostly congregate around him....

...But the journey is almost over. Signs of habitation have grown more numerous. First the large, half tilled plots of land tended by local Brelanders. Now the more densly tilled lands of the Cyrans, marked by their decadent, colorful dress, even for farmers, as well as the recent look of the upended soil and supply shacks, and the inability or unwillingness of the peasents to make even close eye contact with those in the caravan. But New Cyre, the center of this community, must be clsoe...

As the caravan creses a rise in the road, they see a fight raging ahead. A merchant's wagon lies on its side, its horses dead or scattered. Several elves, appearing very young and covered in light armor, and more than a dozen small goblinoids lay dead, while one elf and a few goblins continue the battle. Several small blades skewer the last elf, as it falls to the ground. At Dondel's call of alert, the three goblins turn towards the front of the caravan...

Initiative: Antonus (18), Kaine (12), Talik (12), Khyl (10), Vorkhad (10), Zeril'thin (7), Goblins (5). The nearest goblin is 80ft from where the party stands down a gentle slope. I encourage everyone to tell me what they think they will be doing a couple of rounds ahead; that way I won't have to ask for your action each round and combat will be more streamlined.

Combat Map:

G

G

G

A KC Ka
V Z T​

A = Antonus
KC=Khyl+Canis
Ka=Kaine
V=Vorkhad
Z=Zeril'thin
T=Talik

Character Thread:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=183128

OOC Thread:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=183129

Last edited:

SecondTime

First Post
OOC: I have a midterm coming up, so I probably won't post another update before Tuesday night. That should give everyone the chance to post. We're hitting the ground running. :)

Enforcer

Explorer
Kaine moves 60 ft. ahead, swiftly approaching the goblins but not so fast as to put himself in immediate danger.

If a goblin gets next to him, he'll attack. If not, he'll attack the nearest goblin with fists and feet. Kaine will use subdual damage on the first goblin he fights, so that he can interrogate it later.

Ilium

First Post
Talik roars in apparent rage and charges at the goblins, waving his sword high and making great show of bringing steely death down on them.

Sure hope this works, he thinks. Maybe we can get them to run off.
[SBLOCK=OOC Comments]
OOC: Trying to scare the goblins off. A big bunch of armed people and a caravon might be more than they care to face after a big fight, and Talik would rather avoid a fight. Regardless, I want to end up next to Kaine so I can offer him support with either spells or sword.

I've posted my character, but I have a question or two posted with it.[/SBLOCK]

Asmor

First Post
Antonus leaps to action, loading his crossbow and letting a bolt fly.

Later, if a goblin gets within 60 feet, he'll charge in and move around to flank when he gets the chance. Otherwise, he'll keep firing crossbow bolts.

cog_and_taz

First Post
It's not written in stone, but zeril'thin will be spamming out baleful utterance to shatter goblin weapons.

"stay back. If their weapons are gone, no one neds to die."

Last edited:

SecondTime

First Post
Antonus looses a crossbow bolt near the feet of the nearest goblin as Talik and Kaine rush towards the goblins. Talik attempts sword waving shows no signs of having intimidated the creatures.

Khyl is up. I'll give everyone a couple more days before we move on.

Combat Map:

G3

G2

G1

KaT

A KC
V Z​

Ilium

First Post
SecondTime said:
OOC: The cleric starts with 200gp. Make sure your statblock is edited by tuesday! :)
OOC: Then I actually have MORE money than I thought. I'll fill out the equipment list with the necessaries over the next couple days, but I think the combat equipment will stay the same.

Talik advances and shouts, "You meet your deaths this day, vermin! Flee if you can!"

OOC: Another Intimidate check. Maybe I can scare up a circumstance bonus for zeril'thin shattering their weapons.

Remove ads