• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Memories and Portents Chapter#1: A Dark and Stormy Knight

Asmor

First Post
Antonus examines the ladder, putting a little weight on it to make sure it seems sturdy enough.

OOC: Could you describe where the ladder leads? I.e. is it a ledge, an opening, a door, etc? If it's something I could easily peek through, I'll make a move silently check and climb up to survey.

SecondTime

First Post
Asmor said:
Antonus examines the ladder, putting a little weight on it to make sure it seems sturdy enough.

OOC: Could you describe where the ladder leads? I.e. is it a ledge, an opening, a door, etc? If it's something I could easily peek through, I'll make a move silently check and climb up to survey.

The ladder leads through an opening in the ceiling of the chamber you are currently in. The opening is about 5ft by 5ft. The space above is extremely dark, i.e. there is no sign of the lightening you'd expect to see if it opened up on the tower ceiling or a ledge, meaning its likely another room.

Taking a torch or some other form of illumination and quietly peaking his head above the floor Antonus sees a long, stone table dominating the center of this new chamber, and bright bits of gold wink from within the dust that covers the floor. Upon the table lies the well-preserved corpose of a tall humanoid wearing the tabard and belts of a knight. It has features similar to those of the hobgoblins, but is much larger...

SecondTime

First Post
Nightbreeze said:
Gregorius reads the letter, too, and shrugs <Who cares? Have we finished exploring everything, by the way?>

OOC: Gregorious is noot a fan of my plot hook? Mean, senile old man. ;)

Last edited:

Asmor

First Post
Antonus takes a couple steps down the ladder and bends down, beckoning to his companions. "Psst! Guys! Come take a look at this!" He then climbs back up and stands in the chamber, looking around.

SecondTime

First Post
The party ascends the ladder into an unlit room 45 feet from the far left wall to the far right and 30ft from the far wall. A long, stone table dominates the center of this chamber, and bright bits of gold wink from within the dust that covers the floor. Upon the table lies the well-preserved corpse of a tall humanoid wearing the tabard and belts of a knight; the humanoid is similar to the hobgoblins, but with a broader, squater skull and much larger form. Suddenly, the corpse sits up, lifting an old rusted morningstar in one hand and a javelin in the other. As it climbs off the table, its mouth opens to loose an eerie moan.

Initiative: Ardan (25), Antonus (21), Bugbear Zombie Knight (18), Kaine (13), Soto (9), Khyl (5) ,Gregorious (2). Ardan is up. The zombie is 15ft away from Antonus and Khyl.

Combat Map:

Z

AKC

SG
ArKa​

Asmor

First Post
Antonus raises his guard, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

OOC: Holding action until the zombie approaches, then attack and 5-foot step away (out of its threatened area)

Enforcer

Explorer
After the zombie presumably moves forward, Kaine will run behind it and then try to topple the bugbear with a sweep.

[OOC: Kaine has the Mobility feat vs. the Attack of Opportunity, which he's purposely provoking. Then a trip attack with an action point on the opposed roll. Oh, and Kaine's hoping the zombie doesn't have Combat Reflexes, heh.]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads