[Recruiting]Spycraft 2.0 in Iraq

Committed Hero

Adventurer
After the sudden and chaotic fall of Saddam Hussein's regime in April, 2003, looters removed over 14,000 objects from the Iraqi National Museum in Baghdad. Although academics from around the world had arranged that culturally important sites like this would be spared from the coalition's assault on the city, on-the-ground security was too light to prevent what appeared to be professional efforts to take the most important pieces. Some of the oldest artifacts and manuscripts are seven milennia old, dating from the dawn of recorded history - indeed, from the rise of civilization itself. Monetary losses are estimated to be in the billions of dollars.

That analysis, of course, neglects an even more terrifying possibility: that parties aware of the supernatural value of the collection orchestrated the thefts. The occult significance of the items contained in the museum could make and remake the world in a hundred different images, if used by someone with esoteric understanding and a strong enough will. The list of potential culprits - al Qaeda, Saddam Loyalists, foreign intelligence elements, or knowledgeable collectors - brings no comfort to the men and women charged with keeping the most dangerous secrets of the cosmos from an unsuspecting world. Delta Green.

Looking for 4 players; anyone interested can post character ideas.

Maerdwyn

First Post
I have Spycraft 1, but not 2.0, and I have some Delta Green experience (Solomon Brown from Gomez's games last, year among others). Assuming I can get a character concept together, would that work out, or would I need the book to play?

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Hey - good to hear from you. There is a world of difference between the editions, though. I think you'd be hard-pressed to go without the book, unless you had a lot of outside help.

mOoEyThEcOw

First Post
I'd be intrestead but im waiting for my book (DAMN YOU AMAZON) its in mossuri (I KNOW I misspelled that...), But I'll post again once I get it I'll probably be making a wheelman but I'll take any role you need at the time. I'm going to wait to post my character concept, but my idea at the moment is a former rebel from a rebellion in an African country (working on details).

Last edited:

Yozosafi

First Post
I picked up the rulebook but I haven't done much with it except skim some parts. I'm interested if you're willing to let me on board and learn as I go.

Remove ads