OotS 449

Hinjo didn't seem to be worried, even knowing Xykon was strong enough to overcome the Sapphire Guard as deployed, considering these ancestral spirits to be the real defense on the throne. While he did take down the Sapphire Guard, they did do notable damage to him on the way down (he is still pretty marked up), and it looks like Soon is leading the charge, and he pretty much founded modern Azure City, the Sapphire Guard, and trapped the Snarl, if that doesn't say "Epic Level" or at least "High Level", nothing does, so Xykon's probably in trouble now.

I really doubt it's the "Ghost" template from the MM they have, becoming undead seems kind of wrong for a legion of Paladin-martyrs. Something more akin to the Deathless from the Book of Exalted Deeds sounds (they've brought out the BoVD for this fight, I guess the good guys can pull from the BoED)

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
For those of you who can't download it:

Moderator's Notes

Sorry, folks, but Rich has been very clear in his FAQ that he does not want anyone else to host his files besides himself; I'm deleting this file from our website, out of respect for his wishes. No harm, no foul, but please don't link to his artwork anywhere except on his site, and please please don't upload his artwork to our server. -Daniel/Pielorinho

Last edited by a moderator:

Gez

First Post
By the way, here's a copy of the strip hosted on ImageShack. I think some people may appreciate. (For the record, given that Rich Burlew's strip's popularity has consistently been too much for his server, it could be a good thing if the future threads like this one would always provide it. You don't need to register to host pics on ImageShack.)
[Link deleted--see note in previous post](Oh, beaten by JDVN1. Well.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Quartz said:
How many of them have Ghost Touch weapons? And what happens if you cast Holy Sword on an ethereal blade?
I'm still wondering what undead are going to do to a necromancer.

It certainly does make the fight more exciting, though.

Kelleris

Explorer
Celebrim said:
Sure. But they can't actually touch anyone who isn't ethereal.

Actually, their most important gear can affect material-plane things when they manifest, albeit at a 50% miss chance unless it's also ghost touch - look at the "ghostly equipment" section of the template. And they still get the 50% miss chance even when manifested, so that penalty's at worst a wash. And, as mentioned, Soon himself has got to be high enough level to screw with Xykon. Oh yeah, and an entire room full of ticked-off ghosts, a fair number of whom can probably use telekinesis every 1d4 rounds? Yeah, I don't think this is going to be as trivial as all that...

Jdvn1 said:
I'm still wondering what undead are going to do to a necromancer.

Hit him with their pointy swords, I imagine. It was working before, I imagine it'll keep on working.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Wow--awesome! I'm such a Burlew fanboy.

A couple notes:
1) All ghosts can manifest, and by doing so, they can use touch attacks. Things like Lay on Hands are touch attacks. Xykon can resist with a forcecage or similar effect, sure, but forcecages are a minimum 20' cube: trapping himself in a forcecage would mean trapping himself in a room with various angry paladin ghosts.
2) I don't see any cloaked figures among the ghosts. Hmmm.

Daniel

Remove ads