In the Middle of...Somewhere [OOC Thread]

Okay, so I'm looking for some players for a game with a fairly basic concept. All of the characters were aboard a ship traveling across the Great Ocean and, due to the distance, was expected to take multiple stops of the various islands on the way to its final destination, the far-off continent ruled by a large trading Empire. However, before even the halfway point in the journey, the ship was attacked by someone that wasn't able to be identified beyond just another ship...and you were left to swim to a nearby island after your ship was sinking.

The game itself is set in a generic world, and for the purposes of Deities for worship, it will stick to the Core unless a character concept pushes for something outside the Core. Where your character comes from, where they got on the ship, and even where they were actually going I leave to you. In a sense, the campaign world will be a bit of a collaborative effort. However, very little of it will be important to the game, itself, which will be focused on the unknown island on which the players managed to get to.

Style wise, this game will be slanted more towards combat with the players dealing with whatever they happen to find on the island. Roleplaying is definitely encouraged, of course, and I feel it should be said that combat definitely doesn't have to be the answer to everything. I'll be handling the rolls on my end, and if maps or other things are needed, I'll sketch them out one way or another.

I'd like somewhere between 4 and 6 players for this, with the ability to post regularly(daily is preferable, but I know that can be easier said than done).

Character Creation:

-Books: Anything Core Rules is fair game. If you'd like to use anything non-Core, I'm fine with it, but PLEASE clear it with me first. This goes for any classes, PrCs, races, items, spells, etc. I'm pretty much open to most anything out there, but I'd prefer it to be limited to WotC books.

-Stat Generation: You have your choice of a 28 Point Buy or I'll roll 4d6/drop lowest. If you want the rolls, make sure to let me know. :)
-Starting Level: 6th
-Starting Gold: Standard
-Alignment: The only restriction here is that the players at least work together. I'd prefer to avoid in-fighting within the party. So Evil characters may be okay, depending on their attitude and the rest of the party.

Character Thread
IC Thread

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
This definitely sounds interesting. Are you looking for character concepts right now or would you like us to fully create them?

ethandrew said:
This definitely sounds interesting. Are you looking for character concepts right now or would you like us to fully create them?
Bah. I always miss something.

I would prefer if you threw a concept at me before fully statting it out. Easier on both our ends. And, of course, if you plan to use anything non-Core or want your stats rolled out rather than point buy, helps to let me know. :)

ethandrew

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
I would prefer if you threw a concept at me before fully statting it out. Easier on both our ends. And, of course, if you plan to use anything non-Core or want your stats rolled out rather than point buy, helps to let me know. :)

That's crystal clear! I'll try and shoot something your way within an hour or two if possible!
And just for fun, I'd like for you to roll my stats for me :heh:

ethandrew

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Alrighty...good luck!

Here you go: 11, 16, 10, 12, 14, 16

Seems the d6s are starting out nicely for this one. :)

Woo! 35 Point Buy! Looks like luck is on my side tonight!

ethandrew

First Post
I'm curious if you would allow PrC's from the Complete Scoundrel? I'm looking at either the Mountebank or Master of Many Masks.

Remove ads