• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In the Middle of...Somewhere [OOC Thread]

ethandrew

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
ethan:

I like it. Definitely an interesting idea and its good by me. Only thing I can think is just to suggest watching that multiclassing too much. I won't tell you not to, as I like the idea, but it might have adverse affects on your character's effectiveness and...well, survivability.

I still haven't quite decided whether to stay with Mountebank or move onto Master of Faces. Staying with the Mountebank would just give me more of the same... additional sneak attack, more alter egos, more sidesteps, etc... Master of Faces, while thematically cool, could provide some interesting options. The ones I like initially are Dragon and High Priest, obviously I could choose different depending on what else is in the group and what is needed, but as such, it provides me a little versatility that my otherwise less-than-optimum build denies me.

ethandrew

First Post
Blarkon Dragonslayer said:
Well, in a complete turnaround, now I'm thinking about a conjuration-heavy sorcerer, a bit insane, who runs around with a long-suffering fighter cohort/bodyguard.

For the sorcerer, the following stats: Str 8, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 9, Cha 19

I like this! I don't know why, but this just sounds like a blast :)

EvolutionKB

First Post
How about a dragon shaman(really want to try one of these)with a dip in marshal? I'd use a couple of feats from draconomicon and races of the dragon as well. He'd be a green dragon shaman, a hunter who inspires himself and his allies in battle(motivate dex marshal aura). He is not the brightest, but a good leader. Lead by example, might makes right kind of leader. He wa on the boat because he was out to gain revenge on those that killed off some of his friends. They were on the boat, he killed them, and they threw him in the hold until civilization was reached where justice could be handed down.

Blarkon:

My only concern is the cohort, as it can throw an unexpected wrench into things. Especially when there's already going to be 6 players, adding in another, even a cohort, might make things a bit too easy overall. I'm more on the fence with a cohort than anything, but if the concept can survive with out him, I think it might make things a bit easier overall.

EvolutionKB:

Dragon Shaman/Marshal should be fine. Any feats outside Core you want to use just let me know specifically so I can check on them. Have one concern here, and its the Green Dragon part. With them technically being evil Dragons, you alignment will have to be in step with them. If that can work with the party as a whole, all is well, though.

EvolutionKB said:
The feats I had in mind were lingering and clinging breath from the draconomicon, and entangling breath from Races of the Dragon.
Those should be fine.

Hmm...with all these AoE type effects, looks like I'll be making us some crude battle maps for combat. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm, has anyone submitted a druid yet? I'm thinking a savage sort of druid...worshipping totemic spirits, perhaps. Maybe even illiterate just for fun...

Question though: How are you doing wildshape? The new way or the old way? And are you allowing the "shapeshifter" druid variant?

Also, throw some rolls at me, pardner. :)

Shayuri said:
Hmm, has anyone submitted a druid yet? I'm thinking a savage sort of druid...worshipping totemic spirits, perhaps. Maybe even illiterate just for fun...

Question though: How are you doing wildshape? The new way or the old way? And are you allowing the "shapeshifter" druid variant?

Also, throw some rolls at me, pardner. :)
If you mean the erratta for Wildshape, then yes, I'd prefer to stick to that. Course, eratta gives me headaches digging through all of it but ah well. :)

As for the shapeshifting variant, I'm going to have to say no to it. Don't kill me. :p

Oh...and rolls...

12, 11, 15, 13, 10, 10

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Blarkon:

My only concern is the cohort, as it can throw an unexpected wrench into things. Especially when there's already going to be 6 players, adding in another, even a cohort, might make things a bit too easy overall. I'm more on the fence with a cohort than anything, but if the concept can survive with out him, I think it might make things a bit easier overall.

The concept can make it without the cohort, though I don't think a 4th level fighter type is going to have the effect on a EL 6 party you mentioned. I'd like to use several feats from the Complete Arcane, including Sudden Maximize, Sudden Extend, Weapon Focus(ranged touch) and Split Ray. Basically I'm going to move him from a conjurer to a blast artist, to keep things simple.

I'd also like to use Lesser Orb of Fire, and Orb of Fire, from the Complete Arcane book.

Remove ads