Jungle Deeps and Ocean Depths OOC - Full

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, this game will be a 10th level campaign set in the Forgotten Realms. The PCs will start in Mezro, the metropolis capital of Chult. I would like all the PCs to know each other, but they don't necessarily have to be bosom buddies, or even have seen each other in several years. I would like them to have a reason to trust each other, though it may be a reluctant or forced trust (saved someone's life, did them a favor, etc). Also have some reason that you're in Mezro, be it your home city, visiting a friend, being an ambassador, or something else.

Appearance, personality, and character background will be a must in your character sheets.

Since this is a high level game, ECL races will be allowed. As going underwater for a portion of it is a strong possibility, aquatic races will be allowed. I have made the following single change to ECL races - for each of your ECL levels, you get d8 hit points. No skills, no feats, only d8 hit points. If you were a genasi fighter, let's say, you'd be a Ftr 9, but you'd have 1d8+9d10 (+Con of course) hit points.

Hit points will be max at first level, 75% of max for all remaining levels.

Other character generation information:

32 point buy

3.5 D&D

10th level

Money - You get 24,500gp to spend on your own, with no more than 18,275 on one item, etc, etc, don't go too crazy, don't make the DM cry. The rest of your gold (the other 24,500) I'll be rolling up for you, but you get to submit a "wish list" for your character as to what kinds of things (or what specific things) you want.

Items - Can be picked out of the PHB, DMG, FRCS, Player's Guide to Faerun, Faiths and Patheons, Races of Faerun, Unapproachable East, Magic of Faerun, the Silver Marches web enhancement, Arms and Equipment Guide, Dragon #277-#319, and any of the splatbooks (Complete Divine, Arcane, Adventurer, Warrior), Lost Empires of Faerun, Serpant Kingdoms, or Frostburn pending DM approval.

Races - Can be anything out of the PHB, FRCS, Lost Empires of Faerun, Serpant Kingdoms, Frostburn, or Races of Faerun, with the exception of drow, dueguar, and svirfneblin. Saurials are cool too (from Dragon #292).

Feats - May be picked out of the PHB, FRCS, Races of Faerun, Player's Guide to Faerun, Unapproachable East, Magic of Faerun, of the splatbooks (Complete Divine, Arcane, Adventurer, Warrior), Lost Empires of Faerun, Serpant Kingdoms, Frostburn, or Dragon magazine #277-#319 pending DM approval. Spellcasting Prodigy is banned.

Prestige Classes - (if desired) can be picked from DMG, FRCS, Player's Guide to Faerun, Races of Faerun, Unapproachable East, Magic of Faerun, any of the splatbooks (Complete Divine, Arcane, Adventurer, Warrior), Lost Empires of Faerun, Serpant Kingdoms, Frostburn, Dragon magazine #277-#319, Faiths and Pantheons, and any of my homebrewed ones (link is in my sig, "My collected PrCs"), pending DM approval.

Psionics - If someone wants to use psionics, feel free. However I will be instituting the Mindscapes mental combat, as well as some alternate psionic rules suggested in the Mindscapes book. If you have the Hyperconsciousness book (Malhavoc Press), I'm using that.

In addition: In addition, each character gets their regional feat for free. Make sure your region and patron god are clearly visible on your character sheet. I'd also like at least a line or two in your character background somewhere as to why you chose your patron god.

Finally: If you have anything in your character from a source other than the core rulebooks, please put the book where it is located so I can find it easily. Thank you.

Our Cast of Characters
Erekose13 - Prince Undinar Deptholas, Male Water Genasi Fighter 6/Living Spell 4
silentspace - Invelion - Male Sun Elf Wizard 5/Harper Mage 4/Mage Killer 2
Manzanita - Julian Hemlock - Male Half Aquatic Elf/half human(Chondathian) Rogue 3/Ran 4/Shadowdancer 3
Candide - Hrothgar - Male Human Barbarian7/Frenzied Berserker3
TroyXavier - Nicodemus "Nick" Tiberius Annakin Spellweaver Tinker Annarat - Male Gnome Rogue 3/ Sorcerer 2/ Gnome Artificer 5
Wilphe - Gudenny - Female Riverfolk Rogue 2 / Bard 1 / Wizard 2 / Druid 5

Inactive Players and Characters
flyingricepaddy - Tholon Hazevo - Male Human Cleric 5/Harper Priest 5 (away on business)
Wynter Wolf - Erik Von Horne - Male Human Fighter 5/ Bondblade 5 (departed company)
Douane - Doran Kalduras - Male Human Fighter 4/Ranger 1/Rogue 2/Devoted Defender 3 (deceased)
Jarval -Mourn Calaudra - Male Sun Elf Conjurer 5/Alienist 5 (Off in the Far Realms. How he got there, he has no idea)
Keia - Rappai, The Seer - Female Grippli Cleric 7/Divine Oracle 3, with Jarrijan, male grippli monk 8, cohort (At grippli village)
Lichtenhart - Mad Harry Rackham - Male Human Rogue 10 (with his father at Lake Tikara)
Zerth - Tiana DeWine - Female Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Lasher 4/Duelist 2 (departed company)

In Character Thread

Rogue's Gallery

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
I'd be very interested in playing in your game, Isida.

My preference for a PC would be a human fighter-type, perhaps steering towards the Tempest Prc.

[Edit: Unfortunately I don't know anything about Chult beyond the info the FRCS gives.]

Folkert

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Ok, here's the character idea, a female human Rgr1/Ftr4/Lasher3/Duelist2. So do you allow lasher and duelist from Sword and Fist, Isida? I'd also like to ask if I could use nagaika instead of a regular whip and get the lasher specialities with it. Nagaika is from Masters of the Wild and is basically a whip so perhaps it wouldn't be a big deal? Nagaika's stats (1d6, x3) are comparable to whip dagger's (1d6, 19-20, x2), both have 15 ft reach.

flyingricepaddy

First Post
OK, current character idea is Tholon, human Cleric 5/Harprer Priest 5, of Selune. He hails from all the way up in the Silver Marches. Most likely reason for him to be in Chult is to investigate a rumour of some happenings that he thinks would be of interest to the Harpers. Isilda, I'd be happy to invent this rumour myself, but if you can think of something that would fit in particularly well with what you have planned, I'd also be plenty happy to play along.

As for knowing each other, are there any other goody-two-shoes in the house? Anyone from Silver Marches, or thereabouts? Maybe he hooked up with one or two of the other characters on the way to Chult?

Jarval

Explorer
If there's still room, I'd like to bag a place. You run a good game Isida, and I'd like to be in on another of yours :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, glad to have everybody in. With that I'm going to close regular recruiting.

Zerth, I'm cool with the use of the Lasher/Duelist as well as the use of the Nagaika. flyingricepaddy, I'm also cool with your Harper Priest.

I don't want to scare anyone off the game, but the last incarnation of this game died a quiet death after a couple months. I'm not promising a lightning-fast pace, but I do promise that I will keep up with it as long as everyone is interested and posting at least once a week. Is everyone cool with that?

Jarval

Explorer
Glad to have made the cut :) I'm thinking Fighter 5/Bondblade 5 for my character, but I'm still working out ideas, so the Fighter part may yet change.

Remove ads