Jungle Deeps and Ocean Depths OOC - Full

Zerth

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
I don't want to scare anyone off the game, but the last incarnation of this game died a quiet death after a couple months. I'm not promising a lightning-fast pace, but I do promise that I will keep up with it as long as everyone is interested and posting at least once a week. Is everyone cool with that?
Absolutely. I should be able to post about three to five times a week minimum so no need to worry about me keeping up.

If the DM wants the party knowing each other we should start working on that too. Who wants to know a stubborn rapier-swinging and whip-cracking lass? ;) I'm thinking, that my character is originally from Amn or maybe Calimshan and she'd be drawn to Chult by the rumors of lost riches, that are plentiful in that region. So we could have or at least some of us could have been adventuring together before. I know, it's not the most original idea, but at least something to begin with. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Douane

First Post
Zerth said:
Who wants to know a stubborn rapier-swinging and whip-cracking lass? ;)

Depends. Is she hot? ;) :p

Zerth said:
I'm thinking, that my character is originally from Amn or maybe Calimshan and she'd be drawn to Chult by the rumors of lost riches, that are plentiful in that region. [...]

I'm going with a Ranger 1 / Fighter 4 / Devoted Defender 5 from Waterdeep. While probably precludes prior adventuring, perhaps we met on the road south?

[Edit: Interesting. Just realized that we are both going the Ranger1/Fighter4 route.:)]

Folkert

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
flyingricepaddy said:
As for knowing each other, are there any other goody-two-shoes in the house? Anyone from Silver Marches, or thereabouts? Maybe he hooked up with one or two of the other characters on the way to Chult?
How about hooking up with Tiana (my character) in Amn as Tholon traveled to Chult from north? She'll be chaotic good and worships Tymora and willing to test her luck in Chult if there's some juicy rumor about treasure or just for the sake of adventuring.

Edit: Sure, Douane. The road to Chult goes through Amn. Never enough Rgr1/Ftr4's around :lol:

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
I can just picture this: Tholon starts out alone in the North and when he arrives in Chult he has accumulated the other 5.

"I didn't do anything, Ma! They just followed me. Can I keep them?"

:D

Folkert

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Douane said:
I can just picture this: Tholon starts out alone in the North and when he arrives in Chult he has accumulated the other 5.

"I didn't do anything, Ma! They just followed me. Can I keep them?"
BWAH! Now that's a story hook I hadn't anticipated, but I'll be darned if it doesn't make me laugh. :D

Wynter Wolf

First Post
Erik Von Horne
Male Human FTR 5/ BondBlade 5
Region: Dale Lands
Patron Deity: Torm
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Height: 5' 11''
Weight: 195lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Hazel

Str: 20 (+5) {10 Points, +2 lvl, +2 gauntlets}
Dex: 12 (+1) {4 Points}
Con: 16 (+3) {6 Points, bracers +2}
Int: 12 (+1) {4 Points}
Wis: 12 (+1) [4 points}
Cha: 12 (+1) {4 Points}

Class and Racial Abilties:
Awaken the Blade I, II, III ,Its a kind of magic I, II ,Weapon spec, Brothers in arms, Soul ofsteel
My one and Only, By your side I

Hit Dice: 10d10+20(+10)
HP: 107
AC: 25 (+1 Dex, +10 Armor, +4 Shield)
Init: +7 { +1 dex, +4 improved init, +2 Blooded}
Speed: 30ft(20ft in armor)
Armor Check Penalty: -6

Saves:
Fortitude +11 [+3 Con, +8 Class]
Reflex +3 [+1 Dex, +2 Class]
Willpower +3 [+1 Wis, +2 Class] 2 saves Mind affecting

BAB: +10/+5
Melee Atk: +20/+15 (1d8+10, 17-20/x2, Razor Sentinel)
Ranged Atk: +11/+6

Skills:
Craft Weaponsmith +14 (+13 ranks, +1 int)
Jump +40 (+11 Ranks, +5 str, +30 boots, -6 armor)
Swim +15(+10 ranks, +5 str, )
Spot +5 (+2 alertness, +2 blooded, +1 wis)
Listen +8 (+5 ranks, +2 alertness, +1 wis)
Sense Motive +6 (+5 ranks, +1 wis)
Ride +9 (+8 ranks, +1 dex)

Languages: Common, Chondathan, Elven

Feats:
Blooded, WF longsword, Alertness, Quick draw, Power Attack, Improved Crit LongSword, WS Long Sword, Cleave

Razor Sentinel: +3 Defender LongSword, Considered +4 for DR
Int 6 WIs 17 Chr 14
Grants x2 rolls for sense motive and listen
Speaks: Common, Elven, Telepathic

Equipment:
+2 Full Plate of the deep, +2 Large Steel Shield, Hewards Handy Haversack, Gauntlets of Ogre power, Bracers Of health +2, , 2 potion Cure serious, 3 potion cure moderate, Everburning torch, Horn of Good and Evil, Necklace of Fireballs type I, oil of timelessness, potion of spider climbing, Ring of jumping
Bed roll, Blanket, 1 wk trail rations, 2 gallons water.

Money 152gp

Appearance:
Well kept hair in a pony tail shoulder length, Neat appearance.

Personality: TO others Erik seems quite preocupied with the sword on his belt. Tho when you can talk to him he seems nice enough
He seems a little distrustfull of Arcane Spell casters.

Background:
Raised in Dagger dale Erik learned the art of crafting weapons from his father. At the age of 16 Erik joined the militia and blooded
himself early on during orc and zhentarim raids. Erik showing skill raised up in the ranks of the militia to seargent. When
on a cold winter night Erik on patrol encountered a Zhentarim agent. the battle ensued Erik versus the mage Erik knew he was outclassed but
he knew that he must win. Callin on the Guidance of Torm the only God he could think of at the time. He struck out at the Wizard as
the Wizard started casting, His aim true the sword struck deep, spoiling the spell causing it to missfire. The mages soul was sucked out of his
Body thru the sword as Erik felt the pull of his soul into the sword. In a brief painfull teror filled moment it was over. The wizard was dead
and Erik felt as if a piece of him was missing. Time grew to tell Erik the truth about what really happened. Now Erik wanders the Realms
seeking adventure the days as a militia man behind him. Erik still seeks the guidance of Torm in his travels.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hi Wynter Wolf. I have the Rogue's Gallery up (the link is at the bottom of the first post). Just put your character in the appropriate format and you'll be good to go.

Zerth

First Post
Here's Tiana for DM's approval. Hopefully there's not many errors. Didn't take the nagaika, because was short on feats. Here's two items I'd like to have with the rest of my money if possible: gloves of dex +2 or +4 and/or boots of speed. Amulet of natural armor would be nice, too, if the two formerly mentioned items are not available.

------------------

Tiana DeWine
Female Human Ranger 1/Fighter 4/Lasher 3/Duelist 2
Region: Amn
Patron Diety: Tymora
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Height: 5' 5''
Weight: 122lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

Str: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Dex: 18 (+4) [10 points, +2 levels]
Con: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Int: 18 (+4) [10 points, +2 headband]
Wis: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Cha: 10 (+0) [2 points]

Class and Racial Abilties:
1 feat at first level, 4 skill points at first level and 1 skill point at each additional level, favored enemy (goblinoids), whip sneak attack +1d6, close combat, wound, whip lash, improved trip (whip only), third hand, crack of fate, canny defense, precise strike +1d6.

Hit Dice: 10d10 + 10
HP: 87
AC: 19 [+4 Dex, +4 Int, +1 ring]
Init: +4 [+4 Dex]
Speed: 30ft.
Armor Check Penalty: None

Saves:
Fortitude +8 [+7 base, +1 Con]
Reflex +11 [+7 base, +4 Dex]
Will +2 [+2 base]

BAB: +10/+5
Melee Atk:
+16/+11 (1d6+3 +1d6 precise strike, 18-20 x2, +2 rapier)
Ranged Atk:
+17/+12 [+15/+15/+10 with crack of fate] (1d6+5, 17-20 x2, 15ft. range, +1 keen mighty [+1] whip dagger)
+15/+10 (1d6+1, x3, 70ft. range, mw. mighty [+1] composite shortbow), +1 Atk/Dam within 30ft.

Skills:
Balance +11 [5 ranks, +4 Dex, +2 synergy]
Climb +4/+6 [3 ranks, +1 Str, +2 with rope]
Craft (leatherworking) +15 [11 ranks, +4 Int]
Escape Artist +15 [11 ranks, +4 Dex]
Hide +8 [4 ranks, +4 Dex]
Jump +8 [5 ranks, +1 Str, +2 synergy]
Knowledge (nature) +8 [4 ranks, +4 Int]
Move Silently +8 [4 ranks, +4 Dex]
Perform (rope tricks, whip tricks, dance) +3 [3 ranks, +0 Cha] (cc)
Spot +10 [10 ranks, +0 Wis]
Swim +5 [4 ranks, +1 Str]
Tumble +21 [13 ranks, +4 Dex, +2 synergy, +2 feat]
Use Rope +10 [6 ranks, +4 Dex]
Wilderness Lore +4 [4 ranks, +0 Wis]

Feats:
Cosmopolitan (region) [+2 Tumble, which is also a class skill]
Dodge (human)
Mobility (1st level)
Track (1st level ranger)
Ambidexterity (1st level ranger)
Two-weapon Fighting (1st level ranger)
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: whip (1st level fighter)
Point Blank Shot (3rd level)
Weapon Focus: whip (2nd level fighter)
Weapon Specialization: whip (4th level fighter)
Precise Shot (6th level)
Weapon Finesse: rapier (9th level)

Languages:
Common, Chondathan, Elven, Giant, Goblin.

Equipment:
+1 keen mighty (+1) whip dagger [8,525], +2 rapier [8,320], masterwork mighty (+1) composite shortbow [450], 20 arrows, headband of intellect +2 [4,000], ring of protection +1 [2,000], potion of cure moderate wounds [300], 4 potions of mage armor [200], 3 flasks of alchemist’s fire [60], backpack, belt pouch, waterskin, bedroll, silk rope, grappling hook, 5 sunrods, flint and steel, 5 days trail rations, traveler’s outfit.

Money: 475gp

Appearance:
Tiana has long black straight hair and brown eyes. She has a small nose on her pretty enough face, and her skin is somewhat tanned. She dresses stylishly, wearing black silk trousers and a white shirt of the same material. On her feet are black leather boots with red flame-shaped decorations, which she has made herself. She has three rings on each hand and dagger-shaped earrings, all silver. On her head she wears a red silk sash (headband of int). In rough or cold weather she wears a wine-red hooded cloak. A well-made whip hangs by her waist with a rapier of same good quality. She carries a shortbow for attacks beyond her whip's range

Personality:
Tiana is a woman with a strong character. She usually has an opinion about everything and just as often lets the people around her know just what it is. She can be very stubborn, when she sets her mind on something. Actually she is stubborn in every way imaginable.

She is kind-hearted and won’t tolerate cruelty or injustice. When she sees something she doesn’t approve she often does more than talking. She can’t just sit back and wait for someone other to come and correct things if she feels she could do it herself. Even so, if it means not always playing by the rules.

Tiana can also be very pleasant if she feels like it, because she is both witty and pretty with a good sense of humor. She is quick to get excited about new things, but equally quick to get bored and look for something new again. Loyality and friendship, however, are things she doesn't get bored of and she is just as determined and stubborn to stand up for her friends. She loves adventuring, dancing and working with leather, not necessarily always in that order.

Background:
Tiana grew up near Athkatla in Amn. Her family were respected artesans and that’s how she learned the skill of working with leather. She always used to sneak up behind her father and brothers when they went hunting and soon they had to regularly take her with them, because the stubborn girl wouldn’t give up trying.

Her father passed away, when she was 19 and after that the leatherworking business passed on to the children. Tiana wasn’t very interested anymore in the daily working routine and decided to leave Athkatla and travel around Amn and the neighboring lands with her uncle’s circus caravan. The uncle noticed the agility of the girl and she got to train with the acrobats. Soon after that with more skill and experience she had a show number of her own combining acrobatics and neat tricks with whips and ropes.

She had traveled with the circus for almost two years when the caravan was attacked by a horde of goblins. The attack was repelled, but not without losses. Tiana had managed to do well in the fight using her skill with the whip. She actually had loved the excitement and the life at circus didn’t taste the same anymore. She wanted to test her skills more and her friend the gypsy knife-tosser, a former adventurer who had taught her some fencing, encouraged her to try out adventurer’s life.

So Tiana left the circus and enlisted on a party of adventurers in the next town. They were on their way to north where they had heard about many job offerings for the adventurous sort. The life of an adventuress suited her perfectly. It was rough and dangerous, but certainly not boring. The next five years she traveled around with many different groups gaining wealth and getting better with her fighting skills along the way. She always worked in parties, that did just quests, never adventuring just for the money.

Just recently she had returned back to Athkatla to visit her family, when she met a group of travelers on their way to Chult. She had no other jobs at the time and had never been to Chult. She had heard about the mysterious land covered in jungle far to the south and the people in the group seemed nice enough so she decided to find out if the Lady of Luck was smiling to her once again.

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Zerth,

two things caught my eye while taking a look at Tiana:

1. She can't use precise strike if she attacks with the whip, too.

2. Two-Weapon Combat works only with melee weapons while the whip is treated as a projectile weapon.

Folkert

Last edited:

Remove ads