Jungle Deeps and Ocean Depths OOC - Full

flyingricepaddy

First Post
Douane said:
I can just picture this: Tholon starts out alone in the North and when he arrives in Chult he has accumulated the other 5.

And of course, if one starts in the North and wants to go to Chult, one would probably want to pass through Waterdeep. (Not that I'm sure he would have been back home just prior to his journey to Chult, since I'm thinking he gets around quite a bit.)

Zerth, certainly Tholon would have passed through Amn in any case. No problems there!

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Douane said:
1. She can't use precise strike if she attacks with the whip, too.

2. Two-Weapon Combat works only with melee weapons while the whip is treated as a projectile weapon.
1. True. That was just me typing without thinking.

2. D'oh. Forgot the ranged weapon thing for whips. I'll ditch TWF and take point blank shot instead. I think I should also take precise shot. Back to the drawing board! Rapid shot doesn't stack with crack of fate, does it?

Douane

First Post
flyingricepaddy said:
And of course, if one starts in the North and wants to go to Chult, one would probably want to pass through Waterdeep. [...]

To paraphrase "Casablanca": Everybody comes to Waterdeep.

Or, if you prefer: All roads lead to Waterdeep.

;)

Folkert

Douane

First Post
Zerth said:
2. D'oh. Forgot the ranged weapon thing for whips. I'll ditch TWF and take point blank shot instead. I think I should also take precise shot. Back to the drawing board! Rapid shot doesn't stack with crack of fate, does it?

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news again, but unfortunately you can't ditch TWF. It's part of the basic ranger class and in 3.0 there's no choice between the TWF or the ranged path yet.

[Edit: Shtupid me! Sorry, thought only of the "TWF feat" and not of whole combat style! How about a nice MW Main-Gauche for your off-hand?]

Folkert

Last edited:

flyingricepaddy

First Post
Thought of a story about how Tholon's journey to Chult got started, found it amusing. Now Officially Part Of His Background:

As a well meaning devotee of Selune, born and raised in Silverymoon, Tholon never ever doubted that his place was among the Harpers. Nowadays he is a veteran Harper, having traveled far and wide on Harper business. A couple of years ago, fatigue started to kick in just a tad, and he decided to settle down for a little while back home.

He had no trouble at all making himself useful in the Silver Marches, dividing his time between helping the Knights in Silver, and poking around in the relatively familiar wilds of the Silver Marches. Life was not uneventful, but it was, for the most part, comfortable.

One day, he was asked to meet with (and, in essence, debrief) a fellow Harper, a half-elven Windwalker named Kyla, recently returned from a harrowing trek to Aglarond. After they had completed their official Harper business, they got to trading stories. The stories started in Aglarond, which Tholon had visited some years ago, and then moved on from there. This went on for over an hour, and (through an ale-induced fog) it occurred to Tholon that they were engaged in something of a contest--each attempting to outdo the other with tales of journeys to dangerous, exotic, far-flung places. And it was quite fun.

Until Kyla came up with a tale about the deepest, darkest jungles of Chult.

Tholon returned with an anecdote about Chult passed on to him by a trader from Lantan he had met in Calimshan--

Ah, but had he ever been to Chult?

Well--

Had he?

Well... no.

And with that, Kyla (whom, Tholon suddenly realized, he found rather fetching) grinned, raised her mug in salute, swallowed the rest of her ale, and took her graceful leave.

Tholon spent some time just sitting around, a bit confused, his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. Then he got up out of his chair, and almost fell over.

He recalled Kyla's smooth, flawless exit.

Great. To top it all off, she could out-drink him, too.

The next day found him wracking his brain, poring through books about Chult, and fighting off a truly bitter headache.

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Isida,

if it would be okay with you, I will exchange two of my Devoted Defender levels for something else, probably Rogue 2. The advancement of the DD after level 3 grows rather boring and uninspiring.

Folkert

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Short Assassin and Argent Silvermage, I have both you guys down as alternates.

Douane, your level exchange is fine. Nothing is set in stone yet. :)

Zerth

First Post
Douane said:
[How about a nice MW Main-Gauche for your off-hand?]
I know Main-Gauche is a parrying dagger, but can't find it in any D&D books I have. Could you post the stats here? A magical or masterwork buckler would also work for me.

Remove ads