• Kingdoms of Kalamar

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • Planescape

Votes: 89 15.3%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • Other TSR/WotC setting (explain below)

Votes: 43 7.4%
  • Other 3rd Party Setting (explain below)

Votes: 85 14.6%

adembroski3

First Post
I don't want this to seem too much like I'm one of those 8 year olds that starts posts just to start posts, which I'm sure this type of a thread can seem like. I'm quite serious... I really would like to guage the relative popularity of the various published settings.

I'm more or less curious as to weather the impression I get from gaming magazines are true. It seems like Forgotten Realms is king, Greyhawk is little brother, and the rest are just begging for table scraps... but when I meet and talk to gamers, things like Ravenloft and Dragonlance come to the surface.

Don't just vote... post an explination of your experiences and what types of settings the gamers you meet like.

Snoweel

First Post
Well, the stats tell it all - twice as many people like Dragonlance (33.33%) as any other campaign setting (several tied with 16.67%).

I wonder if that'll change as the folks in different time zones cast their votes?

jollyninja

First Post
my other was the scarred lands, i don't like the price of the new dragonlance stuff. it made me verry unhappy to see my former favorite stomping grounds cost so much.

Snoweel

First Post
My God it's out of control!!!

Three times as many people like Dragonlance as my favourite published setting, Dark Sun!!!

No wonder they stopped supporting it...

Brisk-sg

First Post
Birthright is my all time favorite setting. It was richly detailed, and had a more lotr style feel then standard D&D. The rules for ruling your own nations were well put together and ran very smoothly. I remember playing the Birthright computer game just to play a strategy game with those rules.

Remove ads