¡Los Californios: The Destined! [IC]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Noticing the assembled group, Bernardo quickly finished dousing one of the small fires and approached the group. As he near the them he glanced at body and scratched his head. "(Spanish) That man... He wears the uniform of the Californian Republic, but he is not a soldier from the Los Angeles Garrison. If he is a trained soldier, then he is one of the dozens of men from the presidio at San Diego* since they also wore our uniform."

OOC: Any characters who had traveled down to the Pueblo of San Diego would know that the town's is small, with a population of about 200 people, and it's presidio has about 30 - 40 soldiers.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Having noticed his three companions and Bernardo standing around and speaking quietly, Geoffrey manages to excuse himself from the task he was currently engrossed in and wanders over.

In a low voice, he asks, " Something I should know about, or are you four just having a break for a laugh? "

Thanee

First Post
Scarlet

“Some of the attackers came from Los Angeles. We saw them in the plaza and in the church. One of them has been shot in the back. It's all quite confusing,” Scarlet explains and fills Geoffrey in with the details, that they have put together.

“What if they stole the uniforms and want to incite the population against the formation of the República de Alta California? Would that be possible? Does that even make any sense!?”

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Prof Hagen von Hacht

"Wheels within wheels... I fear we don't know enough yet to come to a good conclusion. Best we play 'dump' for the moment." Von Hacht responds.

[sblock=OOC]

FATE CHIPS: 2x white, 1x red
Condition:
PP of Lightning Gun: 10 / 10
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
" Well, it does seem rather odd to begin with that soldiers of the Republic beat us here, " says Geoffrey, a worried expression on his face. " What were we contracted for if others have been sent out before us? "

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"There are many ranchos that need to be notified, but if we were the only ones sent on this route, then maybe they were hoping we would have left the pueblo last night so we would not discover this attack until our return trip."

Kaodi

Hero
" Ten men is just too many for myself and Manuel to handle, " says Geoff, " Even if we were able to ambush them on favourable terms, which I do not think we will. "

" I think we would be best moving on. We can at least alert the other people along our route of the attack. Assuming they have not been hit already too. "

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"Don Lugo did say half of them fled south along the road and the other half fled north through his family's lands. So if we do encounter the attackers on the road, I do not think it will be all 10 at once."

Thanee

First Post
Scarlet

“And don't forget, we also have Bernardo, and the Professor's marvellous inventions... and I might be able to help a bit as well. I am not quite as defenseless as I probably appear to you. It's a harsh world out there, a girl needs to be able to defend herself.”

Remove ads