¡Los Californios: The Destined! [IC]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"For whatever motivation, slaughtering innocents is an unacceptable practice, especially if done for political motivations. For now let us help you tend to your wounded and bury your dead."

"(Spanish) Gracias, that is very honorable of you. But, if it is your deed to inform the rancheros of California's liberation, then I can not keep you here too long since I fear that Mexico's defeat only widens the door for an American conquest. I did not support the Mexican army just so that I can have my land stolen by a group of invaders."

Walking Dad

First Post
Prof Hagen von Hacht

"My expertises only briefly touched medical knowledge. But if I can help in any way, I feel obliged to do so." Von Hacht says.

[sblock=OOC]
I will join the 'speak is Spanish unless noted otherwise' crowd. :)

FATE CHIPS: 2x white, 1x red
Condition:
PP of Lightning Gun: 10 / 10

[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: Unless otherwise noted, Don Felipe will converse in Spanish.
"My expertises only briefly touched medical knowledge. But if I can help in any way, I feel obliged to do so."
"It appears that I can not persuade you against giving aid to my family's rancho. " Don Felipe dismounted then gathered his horse's reigns. "If you know how to treat wounds, then help the injured. If you do not, then help fight the fire, help gather the dead, or help out at the family's cemetery, but we will not bury them until they had their last rights." He handed the reigns to one of the vaqueros. "Ride to the city, and bring the priest."

"(Spanish) Si." The vaquero quickly mounted the horse.

OOC: I'm assuming that Scarlet and The Professor will tend to the injured while Geoffrey and Manuel tend to the dead / help dig graves.
Scarlet Notice: 1d6.open(6)=3, 1d4.open(4)=11 --> 2 successes
Professor Hacht Notice:1d6.open(6)=1, 1d4.open(4)=1 --> 0 successes
Geoffrey Notice: 1d6.open(6)=5, 1d6.open(6)=1 ---> 1 successes
Manuel Notice: 1d6.open(6)=7, 1d6.open(6)=15 --> 3 successes

[sblock=Scarlet and Prof.Hacht]
Everyone one who is wounded save for two of the vaqueros appear to have wounds consistent with being burned or hit / grazed by a bullet or musket ball. The wounds on the vaqueros appear to be a result of a knife or sword fight.[/sblock]

[sblock=Scarlet Only]Scarlet crosses one of the dead bodies and can't help to notice that she recognizes the man as being one of the people who was standing near her in the plaza. Unfortunately, she isn't sure if he was one of the men who went inside of the church.[/sblock]

[sblock=Geoffrey and Manuel]
The majority of man and women who were killed died by gunshot, how ever two of the attackers perished from sword wounds. Several of the dead look familiar, but you are not sure where you seen them.

Unfortunately, you are unable to tell what led to the deaths of those who were within the hacienda's burnt out rooms as a result of their bodies having been ravaged by the flames.[/sblock]

[sblock=Manuel Only.]
As Manuel aids one of the peons he notices what appears to be a dead body sticking out of the reeds along the river bank. He approaches, then pulls the body out of the reeds while noticing that the man was shot in the back and is wearing what appears to be a brown uniform. After turning the corpse over, he is shocked with the realization that the man was one of the soldiers who was inside of the church.[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Scarlet

“I am not a doctor, but I do know a bit about treating injuries,” Scarlet explains, offering her help to tend to the wounded.

[SBLOCK=GM]That's one of the attackers, right?[/SBLOCK]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Scarlet is able to successfully heal every injured person she treats with little or not problems.

[sblock=Thanee]
OOC: Yeah, that body was.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Scarlet

When there is a chance, when there are not too many ears around, Scarlet informs Prof. Hacht of what she has discovered.

(English, voice low) “Professor. One of the dead men here, one of the attackers. I am sure that I saw him before, during the speech at the plaza. I can't remember also seeing him in the church. I believe, these people are taking the law into their hands and do more harm than anything with their vile deeds. The people here should live together in peace not fight each other to the blood.”

Kaodi

Hero
Geoffrey lends help where it is needed. While he does not have a lot of formal training in practical skills, he is an intelligent man and has picked up things here and there.

Fenris

Adventurer
Manuel drags the body out and over to the pile by the graves. He casually heads over to the professor. "Senor professor" he whispers "There is a solider over in the river, dead. He was from the church back at the ciudad. He was shot in the back. Do you think the people here betrayed them?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Prof Hagen von Hacht

"I'm not sure. I'm just an outsider here, who wants to build some weapons...
But we should keep our defense up."
Von Hacht says silently, so only Scarlet and Manuel can hear his words.

[sblock=OOC]

FATE CHIPS: 2x white, 1x red
Condition:
PP of Lightning Gun: 10 / 10
[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Scarlet

“To be honest, I am a bit at a loss about what has really happened here. And even more so about what we should do about it. If we can do anything, that is...”

Remove ads