• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

1001 minor traits for magic swords

Warluck

First Post
I hope not to replicate already existing weapons!

334) Short curved sword whit the slight shape of a lightnig. The sword act as a +2 weapon but can be separated in two short swords +1. When wielding this weapon in each hand, if you hit the same enemy with both blades in the same round, add d8 electrical damage and target becomes staggered for one round.

335) Insight weapon. Two handed Iron sword +2. The blade is heavy, the grip is long and sturdy. On the hilt there is a closed eye. When the weapon is wielded, the eye opens granting the wielder a +1 insight on armor class and a +2 insight to initiative.

Warluck

First Post
I run a Pathfinder campaing in the Elder's Scroll and more precisely, my own version of Skyrim where Alduin, instead of being killed (again!) has spread himself inside his seven more powerfull Dragon Priest. In that campaing, where Daedric Princes are allying one another against Alduin's project, I wanted to recreate Volendrung, the two handed warhammer created by Malacath. I did not want the weapon to be game breaking but I wanted it to be a significant relic (created by what you can call a god).

336) Volendrung is a magical weapon that can be a two-handed warhammer or two-handed sword chose by the wielder. This weapon is a simple +1 magical relic in the hand of anyone except an Orc. If wielded by an Orc this relic weapon unfold all its power.

Volendrung is a +3 weapon, deals an extra d8 points of dammage on a successfull hit while in rage. If you rage while wielding Volendrung you gain an extra three rounds of rage and becomes immune to any form of fear. On a successful hit, you can choose to bull rush your opponent in addition to dealing normal damage. This attempt does not provoke attack of opportunity and you gain +2 on your CMD. If successfull, you bull rush you opponent the greatest possible distance allowed by the bull rush combat maneuver (see Bull Rush in Code Rulebook). Lastly, Volendrung is a chargebreaker weapon, any charging creature hit by it must succeed a fortitude save DC14 or be knocked prone!

Electric Wizard

First Post
337) The Dagger of Caceri traps in its jet black pommel gem the soul of the last person who died by its edge. No one slain by this dagger may be resurrected until the dagger has claimed another life.

DanotheSlender

First Post
338) Zipline blade: This longsword has in the crosspeice of its hilt a magical construct that upon command fires the spiked tips trailing a line of magicked (unbreakable, but possibly cutable) silken twine in both directions the crosspeices are facing. The spikes anchor into any wall or other structure they contact with and creat a zipline usable to cross chasms or quick slide from a cliff or high wall. The first 5 inches of blade from the hilt will have a sleeve of sorts come up to cover the blade to use as a handhold. A standard strength check will be applied to insure the grip of the PC is sure and they do not fall from the zipline. Other characters may use the line by using anything that will shield their hands from the friction (reccommend axe/hammer handle or polearm/staff)

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
339) Surprising versatility. You can alter the limits of what you can do when using this blade. You can do one of these once per every turn:
- Movement speed increased by five feet.
- Attack range increased by five feet.
- Critical hit threat range increased by five.
- Arcane spell failure chance lowered by 5%.

Nookie

Explorer
I like how this thread became not so minor.
340) Golemheart: Stabbing this adamantine blade into a statue animate the statue for 1 round as per the animate objects spell. This ability is useable 1/day.

darjr

I crit!
341) This sword may have various and many other magical aspects, but it's primary one is that it is invisible. Dropped, sheathed, disarmed, it remains invisible, and may become a dangerous invisible obstacle if left upon the ground during combat. Targets of this sword suffer a penalty to dodge bonuses, shield bonuses, or any parry bonuses.

I don't think this one has shown up yet. My apologies if it has.

Electric Wizard

First Post
342) Marauder's Cutlass: Slices effortlessly through rope and chain, regardless of thickness or material. Enchanted ropes or chains are more difficult, of course.

343) Heavy Anchor: This greatsword drags its carrier to the bottom of any body of water they enter. The person effected can walk on the bottom as if it is dry land, but does not gain ability to breathe water or see through gloom.

344) Hard Edge: Sword's blade can transform into a hard, narrow bludgeon on command.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads