• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

101 Quick-n-Dirty Variant Classes (see post #1 for list!)

Sravoff

First Post
Class #25 The Envoker

This sorcerer varient has become much beter at using envocation spells while other spells lack the same

Mechanical Changes: Sorcerer:
All Dc's from non-evocation spells are decude by one. An Envoker must learn atleast one spell from the evocation spell school per spell levle the Envoker knows. Am Envoker may burn additional spell levels to pwer his or her evocation spells. An Envoker may increase the damage cap by burning an additional spell level. Each spell level burned this way increases the max dice from an evocation spell by two. An Envoker may burn spell levels to increase the level of an evocation spell as per the heighten spell feat. An Envoker may increase the DC of an evocation spell. Every two additional spell levels burned increase the DC for the spell by one. Burning additiona spells increases the casting time to a full round action. 0th level spells are considered half spell levels. An Envoker may not burn more than his Envoker level in spell levels per spell.

Sorry its so long winded, but I really liked the idea.

Sravoff

First Post
Class # 26 Kender Disciple(copy right infringement????)

This rogue varient won't talk behind your back or backstab you, He'll jeer you to your face!

Mechanical Changes: Rogue:
Lose Sneak attack. Gain the taunt ability. At first level this taunt causes the opponent that fails the will save to attack the kender disciple at any cost. The oponent gets a -2 to attacks and AC as long as they are enraged. This effects lasts an number of rounds equal to half kender disciple level plus Cha bonus. This penalty increases by one at level four and every three level therafter. The will save is 10+1/2 perform skill. This ability is usable a number of times equal to one fourth kender disciple level, minimum one, plus Cha modifier.

I tried to think up other magic school classes but couldn't come up with anything that much different than the specialty anyway.

#27 True Barbarian:

Proficient with only simple weapons and Nonmetal armor.

Natural weapons/armor in rage(1d6/+2) with rage.

Natural weapons/armor in rage(1d8/+4) with improved(whatever its called) rage.

Natural weapons/armor in rage(1d10/+6) with mighty rage.

Last edited:

Sravoff

First Post
magic_gathering2001 said:
#27 True Barbarian:

Natural weapons/armor in rage(1d6/+2) Increase with rage
Increases? how? What natural weapons? fists? Don't mean to sound harsh or anything but I am completely lost here...

Any one planning on PDFinf this? And if any one has requests they should post....I think.

-Sravoff

Sadrik

First Post
Shaman

Mechanics: Cleric but uses the druid spell list and must choose his domains from Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Animal or Plant.

Last edited:

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I have started compiling them in post #1 for easy access/copy-pasting. Right now, I have through #25 -- so if you want edits on any of those, post a reply to yourself after this post, otherwise I won't see it.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
#30 The Witch

Druid Variant, essentially a nature tied spontaneous divine caster and bog/forest dwelling crone.

Mechanical changes: Reduce HD to d4 and BAB to poor. Remove Wild Shape and associated abilities, and ability to cast summon ally spells spontaneously (it's redundant). The Witch gains Craft Potion as a bonus feat at 3rd level and Craft Wonderous Item at 6th level. The Witch can cast any druid spell as a spontaneous casting, following all the rules for spontaneous casting and metamagic.

Sravoff

First Post
magic_gathering2001 said:
#27 True Barbarian:

Natural weapons/armor in rage(1d6/+2) with rage.

Natural weapons/armor in rage(1d8/+4) with improved(whatever its called) rage.

Natural weapons/armor in rage(1d10/+6) with mighty rage.
Ok, either I am completely missing something here...or...Well I am mising something here. What exactly do those numbers mean? their fists do 1d6 damage and are considered +2 weapons? What is thae armor bit? They get 1d6+2 natural armor while raging? Any one else not understand or is this just me? I really don't want to come down but I am completely lost...again.

Last edited:

Sravoff

First Post
Sravoff said:
Class #13 Dark Cavelier

He rides from the Abyss with the anger of the dark ones burning inside.

Mechanical Changes: Paladin
Drop spell casting and remove disease. Gain warhorse/other mount at first level. Bonus's for an animal campanion with paladin levels equalling druid level for effects. Gain int bonus and other abilities for warhorse as normal. Smite Evil>Smite good, Lay on hands is now negative energy. Darkk Cavelier now is healed by negative energy instead of positive energy. Must be either Chaotic Evil or Lawful Evil, depending on if you fight for demons or devils.

(The warhorse may bee too strong, perhaps 1/2 paladin level adn get either druid animal campanion or paladin wwarhorse str/dex/hd and ac bonus.)
Added alignment restrictions. Probably pretty obvious but I figured I had best put them in to be sure.

-Sravoff

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads