• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2007 ENnies Nominees - announced!

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I can't vote in the Ennies.

Why not? Because I'm barely familiar with two of the products, and totally unfamiliar with the rest. :( I'm envious of folks who have the time to actually play all those games.

-- N

yavftm

First Post
Nifft said:

Why not? Because I'm barely familiar with two of the products, and totally unfamiliar with the rest. :( I'm envious of folks who have the time to actually play all those games.

-- N
I think that you can cast your vote for those products that you are familiar with, if any. At least if there is a product that you do know and like, you can give them your vote. I'm sure if I am incorrect, someone will jump in. :)

Charles

Charles White
Fabled Environments
2007 Ennie Award Nominee: Best Miniatures Product

If life is but a dream, then dreamers are those who see a vision of a reality soon to come.

GlassJaw

Hero
Nifft said:

-- N

I'm in the same boat. As I've stated earlier in this thread, I'm an avid gamer and buy a decent amount of stuff and there are products nominated that I've never even heard of or seen discussed on EN World.

I don't feel right voting in categories in which I'm only familiar with one or two of the products.

I have to assume the vast majority of votes are in the same boat. I'd almost prefer for the winners be selected by the judges and announced at the ENnies. At least I'd know that they had equal opportunity to review them all.

catsclaw227

First Post
GlassJaw said:
I'm in the same boat. As I've stated earlier in this thread, I'm an avid gamer and buy a decent amount of stuff and there are products nominated that I've never even heard of or seen discussed on EN World.

I don't feel right voting in categories in which I'm only familiar with one or two of the products.

I have to assume the vast majority of votes are in the same boat. I'd almost prefer for the winners be selected by the judges and announced at the ENnies. At least I'd know that they had equal opportunity to review them all.
I am the same situation too, but what I did was go read about some of the other books with what little free time I have, and then made some personal value judgements. What I did to represent this was to vote as follows:

1. If the products that I knew about in the list didn't appeal to me, I simply left the first and second place blank, then put the product I knew about in the third place box. This way, it didn't get first place scoring, but still got a vote, if I felt they deserved one.

2. If I really liked one of them, and didn't really like another, and only had passing ideas about two others, then I chose like this.

1. My favorite product
2. [blank]
3. [blank]
4. Pick of the unknown product that intrigued me because of the demo or sample, but didn't know much more
5. Pick of the unknown product that intrigued me because of the demo or sample, but didn't know much more
6. Picked the one that I knew, but didn't really care for that much. or even left it [blank]

GlassJaw

Hero
catsclaw227 said:
What I did to represent this was to vote as follows:

But how many other people are doing that? I'd rather abstain from voting than jumping through hoops to use the voting mechanism in a way in which it wasn't intended.

catsclaw227

First Post
GlassJaw said:
But how many other people are doing that? I'd rather abstain from voting than jumping through hoops to use the voting mechanism in a way in which it wasn't intended.
I am just saying.... this is what I did. I suppose if others want to try it, it is up to them.

Or you can just leave sections blank and just vote for the products you liked.

GlassJaw

Hero
catsclaw227 said:
Or you can just leave sections blank and just vote for the products you liked.

LOL. This is exactly what I said I don't want to do. As a "fan" of the industry, I don't think it's fair to a publisher/product if I just vote for the one product in each category that I'm familiar with. In a political election I'll do that, but not for RPG voting. ;)

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Many of the publishers have put up samples of their products, and there's still just under 2 weeks left to learn more. Even if you don't feel like you know a lot about certain categories, I bet that a quick trip to the FLGS and a perusal through the samples would enable you to make an informed decision about the production (cover, interior art, cartography, production values) categories!

At the very least, please vote for your favourite publisher(s)!

Remove ads