• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2007 ENnies Nominees - announced!

catsclaw227

First Post
It's a shame how poor the support is for Warlords of the Accordlands is, considering how many Ennies it is up for. The products are really nice, and despite some mechanical issues, it's got all kinds of great feel. Production qualities are nice too.

Congrats to all!

Now... to check out my Five Fingers book, and maybe look into Dawning Star or Burning Empires....

Psion

Adventurer
catsclaw227 said:
It's a shame how poor the support is for Warlords of the Accordlands is, considering how many Ennies it is up for.

I thought the whole concept was the 4 books were all you need, no supplement treadmill.

catsclaw227

First Post
Psion said:
I thought the whole concept was the 4 books were all you need, no supplement treadmill.
It is, you are correct. By support, I meant official errata, web enhancements, etc.

There are some boards that are cross-over sites for the CCG and the RPG, but when looking for clarifications or getting official questions answered, there's not much there.

fusangite

First Post
As a judge, let me just say that all of these categories were very tough to judge. There were many very strong candidates for which individual judges lobbied very hard. Nobody got their way on everything and there were many products that all the judges felt should be honoured that we nevertheless lacked the room for.

The contents of this thread will be cleaned-up shortly with a list of honourable mentions in the Product of the Year category.

DaveMage said:
I am intrigued by Five Fingers - the judges sure seemed to like it!
It was easily one of the best reads of the process, and is something I immediately slated for play.

Paradigm said:
I want to thank all the judges, after following the blogs, I am impressed with the work the judges put into the process!
Thanks a lot. I don't know what exactly I was expecting, but I'm happily surprised by the number of positive comments. I figured at least someone would have an objection to something.

Thanks for giving our choices a chance.

fusangite said:
As a judge, let me just say that all of these categories were very tough to judge. There were many very strong candidates for which individual judges lobbied very hard. Nobody got their way on everything and there were many products that all the judges felt should be honoured that we nevertheless lacked the room for.

I can't agree more. I'm really sorry that some of the other great games didn't get the recognition they deserved, but in the end we had to make some hard choices, and I think that what you see here really is representative* of the best that gaming had to offer in the last year.

*Though probably not totally inclusive. If we had more room, you'd see more geat products. Of course, we'd probably still find something that deserved an entry that didn't make it.

Last edited:

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Awesomeness all around. Very nice to see the various "indie" games (and by "indie" I mean the Forge/Story Games-born games) getting some love.

Also congrats to my fellow podcasters. You all deserve to be there for sure.

:)

eric mcloins

First Post
Piratecat said:
In for Product of the Year!

Honorable Mention isn't saying anything bad about Ptolus -- far from it. I think the book is amazing enough that I'll be using it in my next campaign. The other nominees are superb as well -- and choosing the finalists was a TOUGH decision.

Ok, this just doesn't make any sense.
Ptolus is only HM for d20/OGL, while accordlands is nominated surely means that the judges think that accordlands is better.
However, Ptolus is nominated for best product while accordlands is not, surely means the opposite?

Anyone cares to explain?

Remove ads