3.5 D&D game Oathbound Wildwood [Closed]

Voadam

Legend
Edit: I've got enough interested people to fill the party now. Those who expressed interest please post concepts and questions in the main ooc thread and we will work from there. Thanks.

I’m recruiting a new batch of players for my 3.5 D&D pbp game.

Due to attrition the game is down to 1 current active player and I would like to get a full group going again. The one player is relatively new to the campaign and close to a good point to start new stuff. Potential players do not need to be familiar with what has gone before in the campaign.

The game is set in the savage wilderness dominated domain of Wildwood in the Oathbound campaign setting. Prior knowledge of Oathbound is not necessary. Due to the nature of Wildwood’s divine overlords players can be natives or can be pulled in from other worlds. I just want characters who are willing to work together and adventure in a dangerous environment.

The theme of my game is high powered savage D&D.

There are a number of minor house rules to accomplish this theme and my general gaming style.

The game is high powered with a 48 point buy but starting at 1st level. There are options for gestalt and free LA races at lower point buys. Potential character options are limited to the hundreds of sources I own subject to DM approval and modification on a case by case basis. Several core classes have small modifications.

Probably the biggest impact house rules are:

1 A defense bonus to AC based on class reflex save bonus so characters are less dependant on armor.

2 Reserve hp so healing up is easier.

3 All skills are class skills and freer multiclassing.

4 Default illiteracy and few speak common to match a savage feel.

5 Alignment mostly limited to descriptors.

6 Metal is rare so markets and traders don’t generally have metal items.

7 Beasts and poisons are more dangerous.

I prefer game mechanics that are easier to use and track, for instance spontaneous casting over prepared spells.

I handle all dice rolling and try to keep the game focused on descriptions and interactions instead of game mechanics and dice results. In combats I want players to declare an action for a round and not wait for their specific turn to come up.

I try to post about 1/week day in the game thread when I am not on vacation and hope to have active player participation.

Full campaign, sourcebook option, and house rule information can be found here Wildwood OOC .

If you are interested post here or in the ooc thread.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
I may be interested, I just need some time to read through your OOC thread and figure out a character concept. :D

Thanee

First Post
That sounds pretty fun. :D

I could surely arrange for some suitable character.
Your house rules play right into my prefered classes, anyways. :)

Bye
Thanee

Voadam

Legend
Thanks to everybody who expressed an interest. I look forward to seeing your proposed characters. I have enough interested applicants to fill a party now so I will work with those who stated an interest to make characters and end recruitment of more players.

Remove ads