• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 Planescape Solo Campaign- "Pawns, Puppets, and Wolves"

The Planewalker

First Post
I think what I was envisioning was not you two being together (most the time, unless you were fighting)... but rather, being rivals on opposite sides of the city (West-side represent!!), vying for position or power or wealth...etc - Kind of like Shemeska and Zadara... get what I'm saying?

You'd be doing your own independent quests and campaigns, but both of you would be on opposite sides of the same conflict... meeting/fighting during climaxes

Dire Lemming

First Post
Well you won't have to worry about my strange game getting into luck if you do, Raylis.

PW, what I meant was that we'd need a reason to be against each other. I'd rather not play it like we're just soldiers fighting for such and such a cause. Especially if we've both got amnesia.

The Planewalker

First Post
Oh yea, good point - don't worry, because it's solo (or semi-solo?), everything will be REALLY personal; by no means am I going to force you two to be arch-enemies - the hatred and vitriol really has to come within for you two to have fun (eg. it's not going to be a shallow plot concept: like you're a mercenary for the Tanaari and Azure's char. is a mercenary for the Baatezu, it's definitely going to hit closer to home), I'm just throwing this out, bc I think it may be interesting. That's not to say that you two will indeed turn out to be each other's arch nemeses; heck, depending on how the gaming goes, both of you may just end up playing completely solo campaigns, independent of each other.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Well I'm not totally stoked about it, but I'm definitely interested. Let's try it and see how it goes. I'm still thinking about what kind of character I'd like to play as. It would be interesting if I were a fiend of some sort, but I'm not sure how I'd play that, and unless the character was basically humanoid in nature I might have trouble relating. I gotta tell you, if I haven't already, I've never played an Evil character, mainly because I don't think I'd enjoy it.

Dire Lemming

First Post
So um, any thoughts on this? I'm really very open minded.

I think it would be interesting to play a fiend, who by whatever means was not evil, however, it would be considerably more interesting if he looks reletively like a human, so we could spend some time figuring out that he was not in fact human. About the only fiends I know of are the ones in the monster manual though so I'm not sure what it would be. Do you have any ideas?

Last edited:

The Planewalker

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
So um, any thoughts on this? I'm really very open minded.

I think it would be interesting to play a fiend, who by whatever means was not evil, however, it would be considerably more interesting if he looks reletively like a human, so we could spend some time figuring out that he was not in fact human. About the only fiends I know of are the ones in the monster manual though so I'm not sure what it would be. Do you have any ideas?

perhaps succubus?

another idea: you're a fiend that's been polymorphed into a human (or elf...etc), and had your memories removed. You still retain SOME of your abilities (ECL will be adjusted accordingly as to what those SOME are).

You start as neutral, but if you try and recover your full power as a fiend (and memories), there is a chance in the procedure that you will gain your previous disposition again (eg. being evil). This presents an interesting dilemma.

another idea: petitioner on baator/the abyss?

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yeah, I was thnking Succubus, but I doubt my abilities to play a female character. I suppose an Incubus would be an easy solution to that :heh: . I'd also still like to play a beguiler if possible, though I guess I could just take a class level whenever I leveled up. What would the ECL on a Succubus/Incubus be anyhow?

So if I were a petitioner, what would that entail, besides having died as in evil person in the past obviously, which could be quite interesting. Would I just be any race, but immortal and supposedly inherently evil?

The Planewalker

First Post
a petitioner by textbook definition is mortal who has died and reformed on the plane of his alignment and/or deity without memory of his former life. A petitioner's ultimate goal is to become one with the plane he's occupying (whatever that means), although no one (not even the petitioner) knows the whole dark of this.

I guess it's open to interpretation - you could awaken with no memories on Plane X, but instead of trying to be 'one' with the plane, you'd want to try and (permanently) end up on another plane that goes more with your views/alignment?

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
I guess that could be interesting too, but I really like the idea of a totally clean slate, at least seemingly so. Just being a petitioner would mean I was obviously beholden to the powers of that plane, so it takes some of the mystery out of it.

Also, what about the first part of my last post?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads