• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5 Planescape Solo Campaign- "Pawns, Puppets, and Wolves"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Can you just go ahead and tell me to "Make the character already!" I need a push. Or rather, I'm not sure if there is anything else you want to add or if I can just go ahead now with those rolls.

They're rather lame. :\ Then again, I suppose a Succubus isn't really balanced as a player race, so it could work out just fine.

There appears to be some weird bug that makes it so it's not showing what I really rolled.

4d6.takeHighest(3)->[3,2,1] = (6)

4d6.takeHighest(3)->[6,6,3] = (15)

4d6.takeHighest(3)->[6,5,4] = (15)

4d6.takeHighest(3)->[6,3,2] = (11)

5d6.takeHighest(3)->[5,5,4] = (14)

3d6->[3,1,4] = (8)

Last edited:

The Planewalker

First Post
(darth vader voice) I COMMAND YOU TO MAKE THE CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

ok, enough geekiness from me; Those rolls seem OK - three high (for me - 14 and 15 are the threshold for a "high" roll) and three low (well, one REALLY low). I think it'll work out well. In this game, you'll use the stats to your advantage (eg. if you have low strength and constitution, then you'll rely more on spellcasting, diplomacy, intimidation..etc.. and vice versa if you have a high str...and so on). A low stat (or a couple of low stats) isn't really a setback, but more an opportunity to add flavor to the character.

Dire Lemming

First Post
IMO, Low stats don't help roleplaying at all. They just force you to roleplay a weak character, but yeah, they aren't exactly low. Just sort of min/maxy without the max part. Mathimatically, my character is a slight bit superior to an average Succubus, so I guess this'll work out.

Anyway, I'll get on it. Do you want me to name the character or does it not matter?

Oh yeah. So here's what I worked out the succubus/incubus ability modifiers to be:

Str: +2
Dex: +2
Con: +2
Int: +6
Wis: +4
Cha: +16

Here's what rolls I'll use for each ability:

3d6->[3,1,4] = (8) Strength 10

4d6.takeHighest(3)->[6,6,3] = (15) Dexterity 17

4d6.takeHighest(3)->[6,3,2] = (11) Constitution 13

5d6.takeHighest(3)->[5,5,4] = (14) Intelligence 20

4d6.takeHighest(3)->[3,2,1] = (6) Wisdom 10

4d6.takeHighest(3)->[6,5,4] = (15) Charisma 31

I know the charisma is nuts, but I have trouble picturing an Incubus with significantly inferior physical abilities to other's of his race, charisma is also the their big thing so I didn't want to make it lower than average, especially when he's a beguiler, finally I need a high int as a beguiler since his known spells are int based, and he's a skill monkey. Wisdom is low cause I figure someone with amnesia isn't going to be all that wise.

Abother question, what am I going to do about the first six HD? I mean, skills, ability scores, hp, etc.

Last edited:

The Planewalker

First Post
The character naming is up to you.

-actually, just bc you don't remember anything doesn't mean you can't make wise decisions. I don't agree at all with that appraisal of amnesiacs. I'm actually surprised that you kept Wisdom as the low stat (it's, of course, totally up to you, i'm not criticizing or anything; I just thought as a spellcaster, you'd be more into the high Will Saves).

Finally, for the first 6 HD you have 2 choices -

1) you can just copy and paste the skills..etc from the Monster Manual

2) when making up skills, feats..etc you pretend that you're a level 7 Beguiler.

--Keep in mind, that if you have any special skills (alchemy... heal... etc, you are unaware of them when you begin)

Max HP, No ability score addition (in that case, you're considered a level 1 beguiler - so you'd get a bonus at level 4, or in other words, ECL 11)

No items, No history

Dire Lemming

First Post
So if I copy the skills and feat's and stuff from the MM would I then tack on my first Beguiler level at the end?

The low wisdom is because I can use amnesia as an excuse for lower wisdom by making him slightly naive, and because otherwise I'd have to decrease a different stat that I have stronger reasons for keeping the way they are.

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
If I replaced my HD with beguiler levels then I wouldn't really be an Incubus would I? :\

How do I deal with the stats that I would usually add my ability modifiers to? I was thinking I should subtract the modifiers given by the base succubus' ability scores then add my own and put them on my sheet like that. Everything seems to add up if I do it that way.

Also, do I get first level skills and feats for my beguiler level or will it act like multiclassing. (say first level. :) )

Last edited:

The Planewalker

First Post
if you continue on the path of ""incubus 6/beguiler 1"" I'll still give you full skill points (as if you were a first level beguiler).

Yea, you really wouldn't be a normal incubus with beguiler levels (though the HP would still be incubus - d8), but then again, you aren't a normal incubus to begin with.

As for the stats that you would usually add the ability modifiers to, go ahead and do what you were thinking of doing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads