• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5e Eberron Against the Giants -- Recruiting closed.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Giants hate the little squishy things, lol. I'm curious to see how my cleric does healing. He should be good at it...but you never know until you play.

hero4hire

Explorer
Rhun said:
Yeah, I don't meet the prerequisites for any of those; at least not at the level I have the free slot open.

I've thought about Improved Initiative, as it would bring Aeraduil to +10 on initiative checks.

I'm considering the Nemesis feat, as it would give me +1d6 damage against evil giants.

Jaxel has Nemesis. :)

If you really do want it let me know and I will swap out the feat for something else.

Two of the same exalted feat in the group would be too superfluous for me.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ipshivi the spider will talk in Dark Orchid- when she speaks at all. I'll get to work on typing her up from my longhand write-up. Given the drop-back to level 8 and her likely role as scout, I'm going to go with Rogue 2/Warlock 6, taking rogue 3 at 9th level. I'm honestly not sure where to even start looking for an image/counter- I've not ever done that before...

Capsule write-up:
Halfling female rogue 2/warlock 6 (Advancement RWWRWWWW)
STR 8 (-1; 2 pts -2 racial)
DEX 22 (+6; 10 pts, +2 racial, +2 advancement, +2 gloves)
CON 12 (+1; 4 pts)
INT 16 (+3; 10 pts)
WIS 12 (+1; 4 pts)
CHA 10 (+0; 2 pts)

HP: 46
AC: 22 (touch 17/flatfooted 16; armor +5, DEX +6, size +1)
Initiative: +8 (6 DEX +2 feat)
BAB: +5 (1+4)
Melee/missile: +5/+12 (+5 base +1 size, -1 STR/+6 DEX)
+5 FORT:
+13 REF:
+8 WILL:

Feats:
Point blank shot (level 1)
Precise shot (level 3)
Quick reconnoiter (level 6, CompAventurer)

Invocations:
See the unseen (L 1)
Spiderwalk (L2)
Entropic warding (L4)
Walk unseen (L6)

Important skills:
+15 Hide; 5 pts/5 ranks; +6 DEX, +4 size
+22 Move silent; 11 pts (7+4cc)/9 ranks; +6 DEX, +2 racial, +5 boots
+12 Listen; 11 pts (7 +4cc)/9 ranks; +1 WIS, +2 racial
+8 Search
+8 Spot
+13 Tumble; 5 pts/5 ranks; +6 DEX, +2 synergy
+10 UMD; 10 pts/10 ranks; +0 CHA

Important items:
Gloves of dexterity +2 (4000 gp)
Ring of sustenance (2500 gp)
Ring of feather falling (2200 gp)
Bracers of the entangling blast (MIC)(2000 gp)
Mithril shirt +1 (2250 gp)
Boots of elvenkind (2500 gp)
Rod of eldritch power (least- eldritch spear; CompMage)(4000 gp)
Hewards handy haversack (2000 gp)
Cloak of comfort +1 (CompMage)(3000 gp)
Eternal wand (Grease) (ECS)(840 gp)
MW cold iron rapier (small, 340 gp)
MW thieves tools ( 2 sets; 200 gp)

More complete write-up to follow, but this should give a good idea about what kind of character she is...

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
s@squ@tch said:
The base hill giant has +16/+11, so he'll get nailed by the first one about 25% of the time, the other would take a nat 20.

But then again, I did add ranger levels with favored enemy(gnomes) to all giants in the module.

Phew! I am glad it doesn't add to attack rolls anymore. :p

Yeah I think he might have a "survivable" armor class going into melee with a Hill Giant.

Those one out of four hits *really* hurt. Hopefully they will be dumb at first and try for Power Attacks. Of course if the PA *does* hit.....*squish*

Jaxel will talk in bone.

Yes that is bone...go figure :confused:

Rhun

First Post
hero4hire said:
Jaxel has Nemesis. :)

If you really do want it let me know and I will swap out the feat for something else.

Two of the same exalted feat in the group would be too superfluous for me.

It is just one of the few feats I've seen that will help Aeranduil take down a giant faster. To be honest, I don't like the whole "sense giants" feel of the feat, either, at least not for my PC. I'll find something else. :D

Question: Is there a feat that allows "power attack" with a bow? I know I've seen something like that somewhere, but I can't remember where.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Rhun said:
To be honest, I don't like the whole "sense giants" feel of the feat, either, at least not for my PC. I'll find something else. :D

The very thing I thought would be dumb if two people in the same group had it.

I would suggest Improved Favored Enemy but it is hard to qualify for. (probably has to take up a 6th level feat)

hero4hire

Explorer
Rhun said:
Question: Is there a feat that allows "power attack" with a bow? I know I've seen something like that somewhere, but I can't remember where.

I think it was called Power Shot. I will look around.

Rhun

First Post
hero4hire said:
I would suggest Improved Favored Enemy but it is hard to qualify for. (probably has to take up a 6th level feat)

Ha! I just found that one, actually, and my PC qualifies for it in the feat slot I am trying to fill.

Looking through my Crystal Keep index, I've actually found several possible feats for my PC, actually. Improved Favored Enemy, Woodland Archer (tatical), and Ranged Disarm all look like potential choices.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
The two groups will definitely have different feels and tactics.

Team Gold has two front line tank types -- the goliath and warforged, along with a cleric, vs. Team Black's front line-by-committee of a favored soul, a gnome fighter, a shifter druid, and a half-elf swashbuckler.

The two groups will probably have completely different approaches and tactics in how they tackle the strongholds.

Should be fun and interesting.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Okiday! I have Morika all set and ready to go, and I have the one thing the rest of y'all don't have, a reincarnation spell at my fingertips. Let's hope I don't have to use it.

I choose for my color sienna. And for my picture, I select
rams-horn.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads