(3.X D&D/d20) Recruiting: The First (Now OOC)

Dragonwriter

First Post
Dragonwriter, the Dragonfire Adept is fine, since I have most of the relevant reference material for it on the WotC website, and the sheet of the one dragonfire adept I made for a high-level game last year that never got off the ground, back when I was in a face-to-face group where someone had Dragon Magic. The character will have to be devoted to Bahamut, Tiamat, or another dragon deity (Chronepsis, Io, etc.), and possess a suitable alignment to start with (LG if devoted to Bahamut, for example).

Cool. I can also send you the info on whatever invocations I choose, if need be (they're pretty simple). I was thinking either Bahamut or Io for the deity probably. Most likely Io, since I see the character as a little sagely in addition to his powers. I'm still not settled on a race...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I'll play a human female paladin but if I go dwarf I AM NOT PLAYING FEMALE and having you all laugh at her beard LOL

Either way i was thinking of going craftsman forging masterwork weapons and armor and eventually magical ones but a question

Does it mean when it says Caster Level 5th that you must have 5 levels as a caster or be able to cast fifth level spells?? Why would this matter for arms and armor

Hm

Dragonwriter

First Post
Does it mean when it says Caster Level 5th that you must have 5 levels as a caster or be able to cast fifth level spells?? Why would this matter for arms and armor

Hm

It just means 5 Caster Levels (as in 5 Wizard, Cleric, Sorcerer, etc.). The way I see it, the reason for it is so that you actually have to have some experience before you can start making magic gear (balance issues).

(So you don't have a whole bunch of upstart level 1 Clerics flooding the market with magic armors. ;))

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
It just means 5 Caster Levels (as in 5 Wizard, Cleric, Sorcerer, etc.). The way I see it, the reason for it is so that you actually have to have some experience before you can start making magic gear (balance issues).

(So you don't have a whole bunch of upstart level 1 Clerics flooding the market with magic armors. ;))

Then a 8th lvl Paladin could take that feat (really have to wait till 9th lvl)

that would be kool so what's it to be DW dwarf or human I will prep both then send your opposite lol

HM

Dragonwriter

First Post
Then a 8th lvl Paladin could take that feat (really have to wait till 9th lvl)

that would be kool so what's it to be DW dwarf or human I will prep both then send your opposite lol

HM

I'm thinking Dwarf. That CON bonus is tasty for a DFA, and the flavor for it should be lots of fun. Since this is the First Generation, Dwarves wouldn't really have their otherwise-well-known enmity with dragons, so a Dwarf DFA would be a reasonable, and probably really cool, thing.

EDIT: Just have to tie or braid the beard down to keep it from catching fire. ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Then I will play the Human female blacksmith that crafts beautiful works to dazzle and awe and smite evil. Oh what if one of her works falls into the wrong hands that would be a kool quest.

Ok should have crunch and flavor by toinight since I am off.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!

Attachments

• Blacksmith_Female_by_MoonFX.jpg
    Blacksmith_Female_by_MoonFX.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,228

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Metliz reshaped as a shugenja. Have some questions regarding the school of Isawa, it says that you can choose all elements, but says nothing about what element you have assigned by elemental focus. If you prefer I can make him of another school, but I prefer not to.
Code:
 Name: Metliz
Class: Shugenja o the Isawa order(Void) 
Race: Human
Size: Medium
Gender: Male[B][COLOR=red]  <SAYS MALE DID YOU MEAN TO CHANGE IT????[/COLOR][/B]
Alignment: Caotic good
????

Arkhandus

First Post
!^&*^!%!*!
I'm sorry Wilette, but I just don't have any substantial details on the Eberron artificer class to work with. The Dragon Magazine article gives only very limited information and it's not enough for me to go on.

..........do you have Magic of Faerun? I could houserule the Gnome Artificer prestige class from there to be a base class without prerequisites (so any race), but it would only go up to 10th-level......it would use the same starting gold as an Eberron artificer (5d4x10, so 200 gp in this game), since artificer starting gp was listed in the article. But with that much to start with, the mostt you could probably start with for devices would be something like a Burning Hands device with 5 to 7 charges (cost: 100 to 140 GP), after considering basic supplies, basic weapons, armor, maybe a shield, and artisan's tools (plus the free set of starting clothes).

Honestly, it would be a lot easier for me to extrapolate a progression for the Gnome Artificer past 10th-level than it would be to deal with the horribly incomplete Eberron artificer article and everything. The Gnome Artificer is nice and simple.

Voda Vosa: Isawa shugenja just get to choose any one of the other schools. They don't get access to all schools; they just get to choose any one of them, and it's that choice that determines their Element Focus. It's strictly a Rokugan setting/roleplay matter; the Isawa family's ability to choose any other shugenja school's list just represents that family's dominance as shugenja and the fact that they are the original shugenjas of Rokugan. It has no bearing in this game.

Dragonwriter: I have a few basic details on some Invocations on my old character sheet, but not the full details for any Invocation, so I will need a few details from you on whichever Invocations you choose (and on how exactly any unusual Breath Effects work; I never recorded their details on my old character sheet). The rest of the Dragonfire Adept details are in the preview article that I have access to.

Remove ads