3E/Pathfinder Conversion of the Vampire Bestiary

Pathfinder isn't any more difficult. In fact, in some ways it's less. Having the Core Rulebook to page through at a moment's notice helps, I'll admit, but access to web sites such as d20pfsrd.com helps too.

I just meant that I already know 3.5, and might be tripped up by the differences when I think I know how something works...

Still, I'm happy to try out converting -- especially if someone who knows PF well looks it over...

Hey guys! :)

Been really busy with work these past few days (and doing an extra night tonight*), so apologies for the slow reply.

*because I have spent a small fortune this past month.

I'm thinking that if I can get three people willing to do the conversions (plus myself making four) then it should be relatively quick and easy.

I'll tackle the animals from the book (ie. the easy stuff), which is 7 stat-blocks. Plus converting the material like the adventure and articles at the start of the book.

If someone else tackles the cannibals (9 stat-blocks), another the vampire monsters (11 stat-blocks) and a third person the wendigo and wights (9 stat-blocks).

What do you think? Any takers?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'll tackle the animals from the book (ie. the easy stuff), which is 7 stat-blocks. Plus converting the material like the adventure and articles at the start of the book.

If someone else tackles the cannibals (9 stat-blocks), another the vampire monsters (11 stat-blocks) and a third person the wendigo and wights (9 stat-blocks).

What do you think? Any takers?

I'd like to take a shot at those cannibals. :)

Is there a time-table for getting this done? I ask because between my personal and professional commitments, free time is harder and harder to come by for me these days.

Not that you'd understand what that's like, U_K. ;)

Hey guys! :)

Timescale you say...that just happens to be my speciality. :p

What about approx. September 1st.

I'm still busy on Temple of Death (everything but the adventure section will be finished within a week from now) and from next week I'll be working exclusively on the maps for Vampire Bestiary parts 1 & 2. Hopefully that won't take too long (3 weeks maybe). After that I'll be on a gamer's holiday in London for 10 days (but that would actually be a good time to work on the animal conversions because I'll have all the access to Pathfinder books I need).

So if we can sort of get all the pieces ready for about the start of September it may take a few weeks to integrate them and get all the other bits of the book converted (like the adventure and articles). That way we could gear up for a late September release.

First draft...

Wizard Wight CR 2

XP 600
CE Medium undead
Init +3; Senses blindsight 50 ft., Perception +7
Aura spell-doom (50 ft., DC 14)

Defense
AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 18 (4d8)
Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Offense
Speed 35 ft.
Melee claw +4 (1d8 plus poison)
Space 5 ft., Reach 5 ft.

Statistics
Str 11, Dex 17, Con - , Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 14
Base Atk +3, CMB +3, CMD 16
Feats Power Attack, Weapon Focus (claw)
Skills Climb +7, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (arcana) +9, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +10

Special Abilities

Poison (Ex)
Necrotic Venom: Claw – injury; save Fort DC 14; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Con; cure 1 save.
Spell-Doom Aura (Su)
Any creature that casts an arcane or divine spell or spell-like ability within the wizard wight's aura suffers 2d4 damage; a DC 14 Fortitude save halves the damage.

Ecology
Environment Warm forests and swamps
Organization Solitary
Treasure Incidental

I'm especially uncertain about the spell-doom aura's conversion. Also, did I do the skills right?

Howdy Khisanth mate! :)

Might be best to just email these to me agooddesigner@hotmail.com in future rather than post herein. ;)

As regards skills, on reflection I wonder if it should actually have Intimidate at all, given it has no head its probably unnecessary.

Spell Doom I'll double check tomorrow and get back to you. Almost 1am here and my brain's a bit fried. :yawn:

Hey all! :)

I actually got to play some Pathfinder (Beginner Box) while on holiday in London and actually had a good time. Very nice looking product.

Definitely made me think the Vampire Bestiary "adventure" needs a bit of a fix. So I'll probably be adding a few pages to that while I am finishing off the maps.

Remove ads