3E/Pathfinder Conversion of the Vampire Bestiary

eduar

First Post
Hey there U_K

Have you hear (or read) about Mythic Adventures for Pathfinder? if yes, what is your opinion of the rumors? You would be interested in made a conversion of Ascension to Pathfinder with this rules?

I know is too early but Mythic Adventures sound really good, expecting playtest for October

eduar said:
Hey there U_K

Howdy eduar mate! :)

Have you hear (or read) about Mythic Adventures for Pathfinder?

Not specifically. I know they have been talking about the idea of epic rules for some time now. I assume this is it.

if yes, what is your opinion of the rumors?

If they have announced a product why can't they just say what its about?

You would be interested in made a conversion of Ascension to Pathfinder with this rules?

I'd have to see the rules first to see how compatible they were.

I actually got to see a few Pathfinder books while in London and noticed they have monsters with CRs up to 25.

I'd probably be interested in doing a Pathfinder Conversion of my Epic Bestiary: Volume One but add some new material into it (maybe 32 extra pages...making it a 128 page book) based on some stuff I didn't get finished but were 90% designed like Metatron, the Umbrals, Nosferatu vampire or Pseudonaturals.

But at this point I don't have a frame of reference from Pathfinder for deities, so I don't know how powerful they expect them to be.

I know is too early but Mythic Adventures sound really good, expecting playtest for October

I don't know how 'good' it sounds given there are few if any details. Although you have been following it closer than me, so maybe you have heard some stuff?

eduar

First Post
Hey U_K

Well I will try to put the things I remember

Mythic levels are gained from deeds no XP, they don't give Hit Dice only abilities that allow you to bend the rules or do cool stuffs, you can have a max of Mythic level equal half your class level. So, you really don't gain post 20 levels, for example you can be Wizard 10/ Archmage 5 that would be equivalent of a CR 15 character.

There would be six paths: Archmage (Arcane magic emphasis), Heirophant (Divine magic emphasis), Champion (Melee Abilities), Warden (Ranged/Ranger abilities? Not totally sure here), Trickster (Rogue-ish), and Marshall (Grants bonuses to others)

You gain mythic power points they can spend to gain a wide variety of abilities, I imagine this is similar to Action Points. Mythic spells that will essentially be powered up versions of existing spells. And legacy weapons, like the one in 3.5 book that increase their power with your levels.

So far for me Mythic levels sound like a combination of a Template with the Path for 4E, I imagine something similar for Divine templates in Ascension. With this rules the intention is that the PC can fight Demon lords maybe even Demigods that I imagine are CR 30 - 35

eduar said:

Hey eduar amigo! :)

Well I will try to put the things I remember

Mythic levels are gained from deeds no XP, they don't give Hit Dice only abilities that allow you to bend the rules or do cool stuffs, you can have a max of Mythic level equal half your class level. So, you really don't gain post 20 levels, for example you can be Wizard 10/ Archmage 5 that would be equivalent of a CR 15 character.

There would be six paths: Archmage (Arcane magic emphasis), Heirophant (Divine magic emphasis), Champion (Melee Abilities), Warden (Ranged/Ranger abilities? Not totally sure here), Trickster (Rogue-ish), and Marshall (Grants bonuses to others)

You gain mythic power points they can spend to gain a wide variety of abilities, I imagine this is similar to Action Points. Mythic spells that will essentially be powered up versions of existing spells. And legacy weapons, like the one in 3.5 book that increase their power with your levels.

So far for me Mythic levels sound like a combination of a Template with the Path for 4E, I imagine something similar for Divine templates in Ascension. With this rules the intention is that the PC can fight Demon lords maybe even Demigods that I imagine are CR 30 - 35

As I see it the problem with using a different progression method for the PCs after 20th will be in tying it all in to monsters.

- Is each 'Mythic Level' equal to an actual level?
- If so, how does the math compensate for the attack bonus differential?
- Are the monsters now built using a different system?
- If so, is this game compatible with Pathfinder monsters?

eduar

First Post
Hey eduar amigo! :)
Hey U_K

As I see it the problem with using a different progression method for the PCs after 20th will be in tying it all in to monsters.

Apparently monsters can have Mythic levels too, and probably there will be Mythic template for monsters, I imagine something like the Paragon template.

- Is each 'Mythic Level' equal to an actual level?

Yes, but you only gain abilities.

- If so, how does the math compensate for the attack bonus differential?

Not sure about this, but probably with a temporary bonuses, one that I read was +20 to initiative.

- Are the monsters now built using a different system?

No really, you can use a monster with a high CR, or give Mythic levels to them.

- If so, is this game compatible with Pathfinder monsters?

Of course, Mythic Adventures is from Paizo and part of the Rules line.

Another of the things I just remember is that Mythic levels can be temporary, GM can remove Mythic levels, for example you can gain Mythic levels because a God or Artifact give you power to achieve an important quest, and when you accomplish it lose them (actually this is a thing a I don't like it)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
It should be noted that the Mythic rules won't be released until Gen Con 2013, and there will be open playtests prior to that. The first one should start in a few weeks.

Also, my apologies on not having started converted my section of the Vampire Bestiary. I've been somewhat burnt out on supplements lately, and have been rocking a 3.X/Pathfinder point-buy system that lets me build virtually any kind of character concept I can think of.

Hey Alzrius mate! :)

Alzrius said:
It should be noted that the Mythic rules won't be released until Gen Con 2013, and there will be open playtests prior to that. The first one should start in a few weeks.

I'm interested in how they tie the monsters to the new rules.

Also, my apologies on not having started converted my section of the Vampire Bestiary. I've been somewhat burnt out on supplements lately, and have been rocking a 3.X/Pathfinder point-buy system that lets me build virtually any kind of character concept I can think of.

That's okay mate, 'luckily' with my trademark lateness I am still well behind my schedule too. No worries. ;)

I read your blog, I know how you feel.

eduar said:

Hi eduar mate! :)

Apparently monsters can have Mythic levels too, and probably there will be Mythic template for monsters, I imagine something like the Paragon template.

That might sort out the sub-CR20 monsters. I'm curious about the rest though.

Yes, but you only gain abilities.

That makes sense.

Not sure about this, but probably with a temporary bonuses, one that I read was +20 to initiative.

Okay. So probably about equal to a Divine Ability.

No really, you can use a monster with a high CR, or give Mythic levels to them.

I suppose we'll see soon enough.

Of course, Mythic Adventures is from Paizo and part of the Rules line.

So will they still use CR for the monsters then?

Another of the things I just remember is that Mythic levels can be temporary, GM can remove Mythic levels, for example you can gain Mythic levels because a God or Artifact give you power to achieve an important quest, and when you accomplish it lose them (actually this is a thing a I don't like it)

Makes sense. I always preferred the idea that divinity would be in constant flux (dependant upon worship and so forth).

eduar

First Post
Hey U_K

as far as I know monsters still use CR

We need to wait until October for the playtest, BTW is free and open, and Mythic Adventures OGL, in case you want to check it

Edit: right now I just found this

if you follow the link go up

Last edited:

eduar said:

Howdy Eduar.

as far as I know monsters still use CR

We need to wait until October for the playtest, BTW is free and open, and Mythic Adventures OGL, in case you want to check it

I'll probably wait and hear the initial reports before getting in to it. Sounds interesting but maybe a tad limiting (cap).

Edit: right now I just found this

if you follow the link go up

Okay thanks for that. So we know a few things.

1. Its 'Epic Destinies' as a Template...but available for all levels.
2. It caps at 'Level' 30 (Level 20 + Mythic 'Tier' 10)
3. Amazing Initiative (I like it) looks about comparable to a Divine Ability.
4. Presumably that means the monsters will go up to CR 30 (or slightly higher).

If I was going to convert stuff over it would need to be massively downsized...dependant upon how they Scale things like Demigods/Demon Lords. If they are CR 30 then it gels with the Epic Level Handbook, except that it caps at 30th. Most of my stuff goes beyond 30th. I suppose the divinity templates could be converted over to Mythic Tiers.

Tiers 1-10 take you up to Demigod
Tiers 11-20 take you up to Greater...? (speculation obviously)
Tiers 21-30 take you to First One...?
Tiers 31-40 take you up to High Lord...?
etc.

I don't see it practical to have something like a hundred Tiers just to maintain the CRs.

Ultimately its definitely a book I'll be buying. But as to how EPIC it is I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Remove ads