• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e]Adventures in The Chaos Scar [recruitment closed; OOC]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Perhaps we started with the left foot on this, I might change my character, to something else if you restart. I'm not completely happy with the 4e monk class, it lacks the enchanting features of it's predecessor. I'll remain loyal t the game, as I think it has a great potential.

hero4hire

Explorer
Perhaps we started with the left foot on this, I might change my character, to something else if you restart. I'm not completely happy with the 4e monk class, it lacks the enchanting features of it's predecessor. I'll remain loyal t the game, as I think it has a great potential.

Perhaps, it never seemed to achieve any sort of momentum. Not even that first week or two of rapid posting I see with many PbPs. I'll take the blame for that though.

Strangely I like the Monk class since they revamped it into all implement attacks using weapons. Now I can have a dwarf monk with a battle-ax or a monk with a greatsword and actually be effective.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Why would you want a monk with a greataxe? That's what I'm talking about, it looses all it's martial arts, bare hands style. If you want to hack people with a huge sword, play a barbarian.

hero4hire

Explorer
Shoa-Lin Monks in real life use weapon katas. Why wouldn't dwarven monks use axes?

What if I want a guy with a ridiculously large sword who can also run up walls like many an anime?

Barbarians just don't cover every concept for me. I like having the options. YMMV

Voda Vosa

First Post
People in United States use a lot of abbreviations, like ASAP meaning, as soon as possible, IMO meaning in my opinion, etc. However, not all, not to say, not most of the users are from United States, and hence, it generates confusion. Personally, I hate abbreviations, I see them as a perversion of a good writing, but that's just me, and I'm not even a native speaker.
Anyway, what I meant with all this rambling is "I do't know what you mean with YMMV"

As for monks with weapons: Sure they use. But the monk in 3.5 was focused in unarmed combat, he got all those huge bonus to his fists the guy didn't have to use an axe because his fists had a greater damage roll, and way better properties.
That is lost in 4e. Again, it's just me. Or as you say, IMO =D

hero4hire

Explorer
People in United States use a lot of abbreviations, like ASAP meaning, as soon as possible, IMO meaning in my opinion, etc. However, not all, not to say, not most of the users are from United States, and hence, it generates confusion. Personally, I hate abbreviations, I see them as a perversion of a good writing, but that's just me, and I'm not even a native speaker.
Anyway, what I meant with all this rambling is "I do't know what you mean with YMMV"

Mayhaps this lexiconical link will assist you peruse my perplexing perversions. As we on the interweb continue to butcher the King's English with acronyms aplenty. :)

Internet Slang Dictionary & Translator

Voda Vosa

First Post
A most suitable suggestion my friend. I'll surely see what can I learn from it. Oh, and it happens in every language. Mexicans do it with Spanish.

Remove ads