4e Battle of Good vs. Evil: Ice Archon & Co. vs. Eye Of Flame & Co.

Gansk

Explorer
Try this for more stats?. If not, I'll track it down next time. I think you meant 40N40E for P1's position.

Round 10: Riardon has 4 hp, bloodied. Ombre has 18 hp. ID has 33 hp. Cheeto has 0 hp.

Ombre has a Clumsy property while on the ground, so I'll call that equal to prone (-2 attack, grants CA). He attacks P1, 12+10-2, hit for 5 damage.

ID moves to 40N35E and bites P1, 18+10+2, hit for 11 damage. If P1 shifts next round, ID will follow into his vacant square using Rapid Pursuit and bite again using Pursue and Attack. If P1 shifts a second time, ID cannot follow because he gets only one immediate action per round.

Cheeto's status is unchanged (rolled 10).

Riardon will fire at Hassafras, 14+6+6, for 7 damage. H disappears. Riardon will move to 30N30E, hoping to gain cover from his allies vs. the enemy artillery barrage. He will declare P1 as his new quarry.

Nobody notices Hawkeye (no Perception rolls can match 29 Steath).

Infiniti2000

First Post
5 vs 3

Bad Guys:
Captain: 39hp, full
Hawkeye: 24+10hp, full+
P1: 30hp, injured
Strahd: 10+10hp, full+
P2: 36+5hp, full+

Captain Archer shifts to 55n70e and fires a round at Ombre, 5+9+2=16, just misses.

Hawkeye continues hiding. If another roll is needed: 1+12=13. He fires his crossbow at Ombre as well, rolling 19+5+2, hitting for 6+2 damage plus 2d6=10 damage for having combat advantage (total 18). Ombre is unconscious at 0! Hawkeye is now visible.

P1 would certainly try to shift to the northwest (45n35e), in a plan to get into flanking position. (However, he's not shifting away, so I'm not sure the pursuit triggers. But, let's say it does anyway just to see how cool it is.) He says, "Get on the other side, Strahd" and readies to attack when Strahd moves into position.

Strahd shifts to the southwest 35n45e, triggering P1's attack. Crit (20)! No combat advantage necessary, so ID takes 8 damage from the spear. Strahd then tries to claw ID, rolling 7+11+2, hits for 3 damage (ID is at 22).

P2 tries to finish off Cheeto with a spear to the neck for 8 damage.

Good is looking like it's in dire straits now, but I think as we've seen that could change easily. It's hard to actually kill creatures so you'll have a reasonable chance if you hold off for some bigger/badder monsters. I could've easily done that, but I wanted to keep the level low for the time being.

Gansk

Explorer
At least I get one small boost in my favor - Riardon gets a reset on healing surge and encounter powers! Good riddance to the bat, he's only good in darkness situations.

Round 10: ID shifts to 40N40E and bites. 9+10, hit for 12 damage.

Round 11: Riardon has 4 hp, bloodied. Ombre has 0 hp. ID has 22 hp. Cheeto has -8 hp, dying.

Bones the skeleton warrior will appear at 50N30E, looking spiffy in his Clash of the Titans attire (chainmail, shield, and longsword). 12+10+2 for CA = 24, hit P1 for 6 damage. P1 is marked to attack Bones or suffer -2. Bones will use his AP, trigger an OA from P1, and charge Hawkeye, ending up at 55N45E. I'll let the post grant cover. 15+10+1-2 = 24, hit for 5 damage and Bones will switch his mark to Hawkeye (P1 is off the hook). There are ?? for Hawkeye's starting hp, let's give him 26.

Ombre doesn't stir (rolled 12).

ID's Pursue and Attack does not recharge (rolled 1). It will recharge if he takes 4+ damage next round, however. He will shift to 40N35E and just miss P1, 10+6. Would have hit with CA from Bones, DOH! ID will follow a P1 shift and attack if he gets recharged.

Cheeto almost stabilizes (rolled 18).

Riardon will take his second wind and heal to 9 hp, still bloodied. He will move to 30N40E. If anyone melee attacks him, he will use Fox's Cunning to shift to 25N35E and fire his bow.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Hawkeye is listed with 24 hp in TW's document. Is that an error?

Bad Guys:
Hawkeye: 24+5hp, full+
P1: 12hp, bloodied
Strahd: 10+10hp, full+

Captain Archer fires at Bones. 4+9, misses.

Hawkeye shifts away to 65n55e and fires at Bones. 12+5-2 misses (also cover?).

P1 takes a second wind, gaining 9hp. I don't think this provokes, but if it did, he would attempt to shift away to the northwest. P1 is no longer bloodied.

Strahd will attack Riardon, smelling his blood. 19+11 hits, easily for 5 damage. Riardon steps away and fires his bow (preferably not at P2, because P2's action might change if he's injured.)

P2 finishes off Cheeto with a spear to the neck. He might also use his AP, depending on the reactive actions in this round.

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: 24 hp for Hawkeye is fine, I missed that. No cover against Hawkeye.

Round 11: Riardon fires at Strahd. 16+6, hit. 10 damage.

Round 12: Riardon has 4 hp, bloodied. Ombre has 0 hp. ID has 22 hp. Bones is at full hp, pending an OA from P1 in round 11.

Bones will move to 40N50E and swing at Strahd. 2+10, misses. Hawkeye is no longer marked.

Ombre stays the same (16).

ID's power does not recharge (3). He shifts to 40N40E and bites Strahd. 3+10, miss. He will shift after either P1 or Strahd (whomever shifts first) and attack if bloodied.

Riardon will move to 15N45E and fire a careful shot at Strahd. 13+10, hit. 9 damage.

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
Sorry. P1's OA on Bones in R11 was a 12+7=19, hits for 4 damage. P2 did not use his AP based on the reactive actions.

Bad Guys:
P1: 21hp, injured
Strahd: 1hp, bloodied

Captain Archer fires a shot at Riardon, 10+9-2 (for cover), hits for 11 damage. Riardon is finally down. Archer grants Hawkeye a bonus vs. the downed opponent.

Hawkeye shifts to 60n50e and tries again to hide behind the pillar. 17+12 Stealth check. I'm curious if trying to hide behind the pillar should cause a penalty to the attack roll. Nevertheless, Hawkeye shoots at Bones, 5+5-2 misses. He remains hidden, however, due to his sniping ability. Go ahead, try and figure out where he went, just try! :p

P1 enjoys his combat advantage surprisingly given to him by ID, so he will not shift. I strongly suspect that there might be an error on someone's map, but ID shifted to be between P1 and Strahd (diagonally). P1 attacks, natural 20 for 8 damage. ID is now bloodied and ferocious!

Strahd regenerates to 4hp and desires blood not bones, so he also attacks ID. 12+11 hits for 5 damage. ID is not feeling well at 9hp.

P2 walks over to Riardon at 15n50e and stabs him in the neck for 8 damage, bringing him to -15 and dead as a doornail. The last of the PCs is gone!

Gansk

Explorer
Round 13: Ombre has 0 hp. Bones has 41 hp. ID has 9 hp, bloodied.

Ragnar the human boisoika, wearing leather armor and wielding a greataxe, appears at 50N30E and hacks at P1 twice, using his AP. 5+6+2, miss. Natural 20, crit! He does his normal 16 crit damage plus 7 bonus damage. P1 is down at -2 hp! You must reinforce, no poll necessary (ha ha)!

Bones will shift to 35N50E and swing at Strahd. 12+10, hit. 10 damage, Strahd teleports out (finally!).

Ombre stays down (12).

ID will take a second wind up to 18 hp, still bloodied. He will move quickly to 50N75E and will shift and attack if Captain Archer shifts.

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
Rat farts. Strahd was defeated on the round of his second encounter! :mad:

Bad Guys:
Norman (Leader): 46hp, full
P1: -2hp, dying

Norman Osborn the hobgoblin warcaster appears at 60n85e. He's wearing robes and wielding a staff. He is the newly designated leader. He points at ID and a lance of invisible force shoots out at ID. 12+7 vs. Fort, ID cannot shake it off and takes 9 force damage and slides to 35n60e. This provokes an OA I believe, but CPT Archer can't take it with a ranged weapon I don't think. ID is down at 0hp, but I think his body would still slide, don't you? Is the recharge rolled now, or next round?

Captain Archer will fire his bow at Ragnar. 6+9=15 misses, er, I mean hits. What a lousy AC for level 3. 11 damage to Ragnar, a mere drop in the ole boisoika bucket. Archer's ally is Hawkeye.

Hawkeye, still hidden I suspect will fire at Ragnar as well. Natural 1! Since you said misses are not automatic, that's 1+5+2 (CA)+2 (Ally), nope, still misses. But, still hiding. Ah, might as well use the AP. Another roll, ah more like it, 17+5+2, hits for 6+2 damage plus 2d6 since I think his hiding grants him combat advantage, for another 7 damage (how average). He's no longer hiding.

P1 is dying for real now (6, one step).

P2 decides to put an end to all these shenanigans and steps up to 25n50e and breathes cold on Ombre, Bones, and ID. He deals 7+3 damage and rolls vs Ombre (16+6+2+2, succeeds, Ombre is at -10), vs. Bones (10+6, succeeds), vs. ID (9+6+2+2, succeeds, so ID is at -10, too). P2 uses his AP now, too, and lobs a cold energy orb at Bones, rolling a 6+6, misses.

Remove ads