• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e Combat Playtest [FULL]

Halford

First Post
Yes I've been reading up and sadly it does not look like there is anything which differentiates Mounts from the Monsters die at 0 hp rule. :.-(

I might rule it that way, but I am forced to conceed it would be a houserule. My reasoning being that the spirit of the rules seems to be for ease of use and only creatures players care about have the ability to go into negatives.

Leif

Adventurer
I might rule it that way, but I am forced to conceed it would be a houserule. My reasoning being that the spirit of the rules seems to be for ease of use and only creatures players care about have the ability to go into negatives.
And it's good reasoning, too! I might use that in my games, depending on the circumstances. Fortunately, such a situation has not arisen, at least not in recent memory. Still, it might be somewhat too late to bring that up in this game.

Last edited:

Annalist

First Post
Do you still need an IC post from me? Looks like both Senara and Sharm hit with their attacks, and I'm guessing that Devastation will probably hit too for a nice amount. Should be enough to call an end to encounter #1?

Atanatotatos

First Post
Do you still need an IC post from me? Looks like both Senara and Sharm hit with their attacks, and I'm guessing that Devastation will probably hit too for a nice amount. Should be enough to call an end to encounter #1?

Yeah, I was thinking the same. You can have your short rest and expend all healing surges you want. I'll post the second IC thread later.

Halford

First Post
Do we have enough time so that Brudd can use healing Word on everyone? I figure that may take a few short rests, but it will give us more bang for our buck.

Leif

Adventurer
Do we have enough time so that Brudd can use healing Word on everyone? I figure that may take a few short rests, but it will give us more bang for our buck.
Sharm is going to be at the very front of the line for your Healing Word, Cuz! :D

Victim

First Post
Depends on how close the nearest enemies are and what other precautions we take. Wedging the big monster corpses into the exit might buy us some time for an extra rest even if enemies would like to interfere.

Hammerhead

Explorer
On the other hand, we are in the middle of an assault. Speed may be of the essence, since we don't want our enemies to have time to fully marshal their defenses.

Leif

Adventurer
Honestly, I suspect that our enemies, considering the environment in which they live, are probably on a constant state of High Alert, no matter what! So, imho, we will be best served by regaining as much of our strength as possible before we face more of them.

And, Victim, I doubt if we will be able to have any appreciable effect upon their ability to enter this place should they so choose. We are right in their kitchen, so to speak.

Remove ads