[4e] Sins of the Feyborn (IC)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"This is strange to me. Perhaps I mix your words honoured host... But you made a ritual which took centuries to summon us from around the universe to search for the creator of a disease? Which, although terrible painful, kills one by one, specific people. I, with my humble mind, can't see that threatening an entire race. And I can't imagine that threatening the Eldarins. But if it is your will to have us research for such affairs, then the path is clear." conjectures the monk. "I assume you have enemies?" Fang asks, stoically.

hero4hire

Explorer
"More likely..." Chai-Zen said flatly. "The ritual was developed as a safeguard for a time of dire need." he postulated. "Unless Master Beld is also a skilled oracle the recent affliction on the eladrin hierarchy is just such a happenstance."
The Githzerai turned his attention to the Eladrin. "You say this disease only attacks Council members and other important Eladrin? And that you have a few clues garnered from your research? I am intrigued and would like to hear more."

Walking Dad

First Post
http://www.enworld.org/forum/5025216-post3.html

42347d1261241348-d-d-4th-edition-sins-feyborn-ooc-recruitment-closed-swarm-druid.jpg

"He better is the summoned dwarf says! I thought this would be a call from primal spirits for help, not some eladrin in an almost forgotten city. I was promised information by the 'spirit'. Can you give them, if I help you?

... dying from diseases... eladrin were never known for their stamina..."

Kildrak asks, getting louder with every word (but the last few, which he mumbles) and often pointing his strange totem at the eladrin. His armor seems to be made from the carcass of some huge spider or beetle.

[sblock=OOC]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2156562/

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Kildrak Steelbark
Perception: 25 Insight: 25 Low-light Vision
Initiative: +7
AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 18 Will 23
Hit Points: 91/91 Bloodied: 45
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 22 Surges per day: 11/11
At-Will Powers: Wild Shape, Grasping Claws, Swarming Locusts, Fire Hawk (H)
Encounter Powers: P Blighted Agony, Stinging Cloud (H), Roar of the Unbowed Beast, Plague of Locusts (H), Barkskin (H)
Daily Powers: Fog of Insects (H), Clinging Drones, Sunbeam (H), Black Harbinger (H), Goodberry (H)

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
The human looks around in confusion, the eladrin were speaking, but he couldn't hear them, his ears were ringing and his stomach felt like a giant reached down his throat and gave his insides a good twist. He wore a set of battered looking full plate mail and bore a heavy shield across his back. A wicked looking waraxe hung from his right hip. After a few moments, he shakes his head, clearing the cobwebs out and looks around.

Instinctively, the warrior draws his weapon, "Who are you! Where am I!" the man exclaims his wild eyes looking at all the strangers.

Seeing the man in front of him, the human steps forward, his axe aimed at the robed eladrin closest. "Nobody try anything funny, or else the pointy ears gets to see why they call this axe Cutter! Just what in Avanadra's name is going on here" he growls.

Theroc

First Post
Sulos did not like the blackness. He did not like the strange creature. He did not like his research disturbed. As soon as he regained any semblance of awareness of his surroundings, he instantly created a sphere of deep cold in his hand, obviously ready to throw at the first person to antagonize him.

He paused as he noted no overtly hostile action, bristling as he held the spell at the edge of his being, ready to lash out. He listened, and frowned as the discussion continued.

"How brash. If we refuse, we could very well destroy your last hope, if we can do what you cannot... one should not throw their fate on chance..." He responded at first, before slowly releasing his spell. "However, if you can truly grant that which I seek, I will lay waste to your enemies. Be warned... as the old man has stated, I will in turn lay waste to you, should you betray me." The dragonborn observed the younger human, smirking faintly as he did so. He did not do anything else, however.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"At least you summoned more than one with wits. It was most fortunate for you." adds the elder monk, looking approvingly towards the dragonborn, and shooting a chilling glance at the impetuous human threatening the eldarins. There were more subtly ways to threat people.

eblue562

First Post
Beld looked torn yet hopeful as he scanned the five adventurers and looked them each in the eye. The one holding the axe looked threatening enough to pose a serious threat to Beld and his allies, but also to his enemies. The monk and the dragonborn had more than a square head on their shoulders, and he could feel, even with his meager training in magic, that they radiated power beyond their physique. The dwarf's power seemed immense, but he could feel an underlying chaotic nature about it. He reminded himself to ask the dwarf about it later.

Beld looks again at the adventurer's and continues to speak.

"As I said, we have some ... information. But it's scarce at best, and not a lead at all, at worst." He sighs heavily before continuing, "Kesthan, one of our best scouts, has recently reported to us that the Fey is now separating from Feydorwin, something that has never happened in the entire history of this city, at least as far back as the scholars go.

This should have been a triumph in our time, as prophecies of Corellon predicted that the Separating would be a time of great joy and celebration. However, one of our most respected prophets seemingly went mad and predicted, during one our celebrations, that the Separating would instead bring about the end of Feydorwin. He died not long ago."

Beld shakes his head quickly, as if waking from a long-lost thought. "Kesthan was sent back out into the edges of the Common district, and his first clue was mention of an old scroll. He believes this scroll contains the mentions of a necromancy..." Beld's voice shivers slightly, and Gorun grunts as well.

"Lichs, undead, and rotting flesh," Gorun said, "The only time you hear of thes e things is from the northern wastes. It's unlikely that such power is behind this." Beld shoots him a glance and continues.

"I know some of you have lost more to the powers of undeath than others, but it is something that has touched all of you. These answers you seek, must be found, for the sake of all of Feydorwin." Beld reaches into his pocket and protrudes a map.

"If you accept my offer, I can show you where to begin."

hero4hire

Explorer
The Gith stepped forward with steps so light and movements so fluid he gave the illusion of gliding to the fey. He reached forward and took the map into his own elongated digits. With a quick flick of his wrist he unfurled the parchment and gazed placidly upon its contents with a thoughtful "Hmmmm."

Walking Dad

First Post
Kildrak

"So, you got yourself undead problems and your first solution was to skin some animals to teleport some strangers in???

You are lucky that I don't like undead trouble and some information sounds better than none!"

Kildrak says. Then he looks at the gith: "Could you put it on a table or something, so we can all take a look?"

[sblock=OOC]
Don't forget passive insight to check the eladrin's story. Do they tell everything they know?

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Kildrak Steelbark
Perception: 25 Insight: 25 Low-light Vision
Initiative: +7
AC 26 Fortitude 22 Reflex 18 Will 23
Hit Points: 91/91 Bloodied: 45
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 22 Surges per day: 11/11
At-Will Powers: Wild Shape, Grasping Claws, Swarming Locusts, Fire Hawk (H)
Encounter Powers: P Blighted Agony, Stinging Cloud (H), Roar of the Unbowed Beast, Plague of Locusts (H), Barkskin (H)
Daily Powers: Fog of Insects (H), Clinging Drones, Sunbeam (H), Black Harbinger (H), Goodberry (H)

[/sblock][/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
Kildrak says. Then he looks at the gith: "Could you put it on a table or something, so we can all take a look?"

Chai let out a sigh. "I can and will...Once one is provided. Unless you can be more specific about said 'something' you mentioned as an alternative? As I am loathe to put any parchment onto the dank floor." He continues to survey the map.

Remove ads