D&D 5E 5e CB's Stonefast OOC -- COMPLETE

Skarsgard

Explorer
Initially I suggested Colden as he was more resilient but I think Guran has better observational skills. I think having Guran out front being able to get in behind someone if in trouble is good.

Ok, so Guran first. Then Colden? Anyone else wish to weigh in on whether that's acceptable to the group as a whole? And does anyone want to fill in the remaining places in the marching order by occupying specific positions? We've established that we might stick Guran out front, then a 10' gap, then Colden. Who should go next, and how much space between characters do you want?

Once we get a default marching order figured out, I'll edit it into the OP of both this thread and the IC so that we can refer back to it. And, of course, feel free to deviate from your default order as circumstances may require. My goal here is only to set a baseline.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
As long as there is a gap between Colden and the rest of the party, it should allow for Guran to get out of the line of fire. Honestly, almost all of us are pretty durable in our own ways, so the marching order may not be as important. Fulgrim can take the back since he is pretty sturdy and can tank for a bit if necessary.

OK, so that places Fulgrim last in line, and there does not need to be a gap between Fulgrim and the character directly in front of him.

Which leaves Father Spec and Roscoe to select between positions 3 and 4. Let me know, you two, if you've a preference.
[MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24609]Strahd_Von_Zarovich[/MENTION]

I re-read my own recent comments here. I don't wish to pre-empt, by sole virtue of all of us being on different time zones and therefore posting at odd hours, anyone who may want a particular place in the marching order but didn't see this discussion in time to make known their desire. The marching order is not first come first served. If someone has a desire to be first, last, or middle, please pipe up. I'm fixing to open up a can of evil in the IC, so I want to make sure everyone is comfortable with their position.

Forged Fury

First Post
We should probably come to some kind of agreement on marching order so we don't have to keep deciding it. My suggestion would be:

1) Guran: Scouting and trap-detecting. If Bad Things HappenTM, he can pretty easily use Cunning Action to Withdraw and then use his action to Dash to double move to safety.
2) Roscoe: If he has rages available, he can absorb a pretty good amount of damage. If he's out of rages, however, Colden should probably go here.
3) Colden: Second-line tank. If Roscoe is out of resources, he can shore up the line here.
4) Father Spec: Viable ranged magical attack and can heal anyone who retreats.
5) Fulgrim: Viable ranged magical attack and a pretty decent tank in case the party gets ambushed from the rear. Can also serve as a front-line tank if things go really bad.

In open spaces, we can orient however we want.

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Is it time for us to foist that extra-special greataxe onto Colden? If its edge is silver or adamantium, we might need that against whatever great evil we encounter; and Colden could still use his Dueling fighting style using that single weapon. (He might want to keep it as a backup weapon, so he can continue to wear his shield most of the time.)

And I'm posting this in the OOC thread because I don't want to roleplay it that way if we're not going to do that.

Remove ads