D&D 5E 5e CB's Stonefast OOC -- COMPLETE

OOC: My reading last night on silence's AoE was that it includes Roscoe's square. I'm without my PHB today so can't confirm definitively until this evening. I had questions about the spell's point of origin last night but did not see anything definitive in the PHB, so it may be that as I've described it the AoE covers 45' and not the 40' given in the spell description.

The new hallway is five feet shorter.

Everything else looks correct.

Forged Fury

First Post
No problem. OK, if the new hallway is five feet shorter, where do you want the kobolds to go? If they are squeezing, however that works, I can probably replace their icons with two lower-case ks.

For Point of Origin, the basic rules do say the point of origin is included in the area, so I guess that could work. I mean, it would mean that, with a 20' radius, a PoO that is in the middle of a square would technically cause the spell to end halfway through a square, but there aren't rules for that in 5e. Since they go with simpler is better, I think just saying the thing has a radius of 22.5 feet works best. It's easier to map.

Two kobolds currently occupy the far eastern square of the hallway. One kobold is standing directly in front of them. And then there us a five foot gap. And then Colden in the dogleg.

Thanks for helping us be accurate. I hope it helps everyone maximize strategy, which should be easier now that you have a better idea what's going down.

Forged Fury

First Post
Updated

Stonefast.jpg

I think, moving forward for Round 3, those two kobolds will have Disadvantage for at least two reasons. One, they're squeezed. Two, they're behind another kobold that is blocking their line of sight. If pack still applies, this could mean they'll have a straight 1d20 roll to attack without either Advantage or Disavantage. If pack doesn't apply, then they'll have Disadvantage. I won't be able to confirm this until this
evening.

Scheme away, my friends!

Forged Fury

First Post
Just a point, but the typical rule for "Two, they're behind another kobold that is blocking their line of sight" is that the target receives +2 to AC.
D&D Basic Player Rules said:
A target with half cover has a +2 bonus to AC and
Dexterity saving throws. A target has half cover if an
obstacle blocks at least half of its body. The obstacle
might be a low wall, a large piece of furniture, a narrow
tree trunk, or a creature, whether that creature is an
enemy or a friend.

With that said, I'm not sure if it would apply if the obstacle is several feet away from it. I'd say yes, were I the DM due to the proximity of the obstacle to the attackers, in this scenario.

Remove ads