D&D 5E 5e CB's Stonefast OOC -- COMPLETE

Forged Fury

First Post
Mostly just reading it as RAW. The way it and other unconscious creating effects like the sleep spell are written seems to be zeroing in on action economy: to get rid of the unconscious effect the target either has to take damage or one of their allies has to spend an action to wake them. Having to spend an action means you're doing that instead of attacking, casting spells, etc. It's a pretty big cost. If applied that way here, Guran could either attack (and crit for a lot of damage) or wake Spec up. He could do Healing Word in any case since it is a ranged bonus action.

I fully intended to do an IC post or two today but with the holiday never got to it. I absolutely will do so in the morning. More from me soon.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, tuxgeo and Forged Fury, filled with laughter. I did, though I'm beat. Every year I promise myself I'll keep the menu simple, and every year I fail. But it's a happy failure because I enjoy being in the kitchen and my in-laws like eating what I cook.

And possibly Guran and Colden, too. Though they're not dead from massive damage. Perhaps Ilvara will resuscitate them and take them back to Velkenvyre as prisoners to be sold as slaves to Menzoberranzan. Or perhaps Roscoe will win out and slay not only the two spiders, but Ilvara and the white dragon, too. Now that would be a mighty tale to tell on dark night in a tavern!

GREAT game, all. I learned a lot. Thanks for schooling me in 5e this past year. I'm incredibly grateful I had the opportunity to game with each you. Here's hoping we meet up again here and there on the site.

Best,
Wendy

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Thank you, Wendy, for running Stonefast for us. That was quite a ride -- and I imagine we left quite a few rooms unexplored on the east side of the complex.

I also learned quite a bit about 5E -- though probably not as much as I should have. (Ditto that "not as much" comment as applied to game practices and creativity.)

I might watch the character-building of your OotA game, but I won't be reading the play because I don't want to spoil the adventure for myself. Keep well!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Thank you all, for this. It's actually really nice, satisfying, to see an adventure end, even if it is with a frigid glacial blast and a lone halfling barbarian frozen in time to meet the oncoming hordes. Thanks to Wendy and to you all.

Hope to game with you again.

KS.

Remove ads