• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
I have added the Beholder Hive Mother to the aberrations section.

Up Next:

5) beholder hive mother
6) The Lady of Pain
7) ?? - Elder Brain?
8) Hutijin
9) Hadar
10) ???
11) ha-naga
12) thorciasid

dave2008

Legend
I have added Dibella (another Elder Scrolls god) by @Rubies to the Lesser Gods section. Thank you for your help!

Dibella is an interesting one as she is never described with any means of attacking. It gave me an opportunity to work with @Rubies on a deity that has very little combat focus. It is an interesting problem when trying to assign a CR!

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
I have added the Lady of Pain to the primordials section. Please note that since see essentially is Sigil you really need to include her domain traits and abilities as well (and don't forget she as 8 parts!)

Up Next:
6) The Lady of Pain
7) Elder Brain
8) Hutijin
9) Hadar
10) ???
11) ha-naga
12) thorciasid

dave2008

Legend
Hi Dave,

I'm a little confused by what you mean by the sigil and what needs to be included.

The 2nd page of her entry list the additional abilities she has while in Sigil (so pretty much always). These raise the CR of each manifestation (part) to CR 35 and provides access to some additional domain actions (like lair actions).

She is the 2nd most powerful entity on this list so far.

dave2008

Legend
When I went onto the 2nd page a lot of it was xxxxx out like so, I wasn't sure if that was deliberate or not or even what exactly should be in there if i'm honest.

The Xs are placeholders for future text (I did the same thing with the Arch-Devils), but the written parts about the domain traits and actions, that is legit. :)

synergy2

First Post
Just a question, but wouldn't a creature with a strength of 40 and an appropriate epic great sword be doing 122d6 as per your Epic Weapon chart in the Epic Character thread?

Just wondering, because that feels like it'd kill even a level 40 character in almost no time at all. Or am I just thinking the numbers are crazier than they are?

dave2008

Legend
Just a question, but wouldn't a creature with a strength of 40 and an appropriate epic great sword be doing 122d6 as per your Epic Weapon chart in the Epic Character thread?

Just wondering, because that feels like it'd kill even a level 40 character in almost no time at all. Or am I just thinking the numbers are crazier than they are?

You are correct. However, a level 40 creature also has resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage at +5 and below. Thus, they take half damage in general. I realized early on that even with the boost I was giving them with my epic table, they don't have enough HP. This was a clunky fix. The 2nd drafts will resolve this problem.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads