D&D 5E 5e Hardcore: Monster Manual

dave2008

Legend
[MENTION=83242]dave2008[/MENTION] Wow, the spell weaver! What a blast from the past.

It was a request someone had a while back, I forgot I had it until this weekend. A couple of Spell Weavers would be hard for a spell caster heavy group.

So, in regards to class templates – I don't do anything so formal, instead using feel – but I do have some notes on making a "Barbarian" monster that might help...

Wow! Thank you for sharing and, since I just did this myself, I know it is a lot of work!

So far I have made templates for all the martial classes: Barbarian (Berserker), Fighter (Champion & Battle Master), Rogue (Thief & Assassin), and Ranger (Skirmisher - my own creation). These will be in the first submission to the AD&D / Hardcore Downloads. I just made word templates for levels 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, & 18 to be used to drag and drop into any other monster as desired. I'm not to worried about following the classes specifically when making monsters, but they are setup so you can do it easily if you want.

dave2008

Legend
I made a little update to the introduction in preparation for my submission to the downloads for this project. The intro now aligns with the introduction to the compiled PDF of monsters. One of couple soon to be available downloads.

dave2008

Legend
I have added a list of planned monsters for this project at the bottom of the OP. About 200 of them. If there is a particular monster you would like to see update to the hardcore flavor, let me know and I will add it to the list. Or better yet, make it (with help from the templates I have provided in the downloads section if you want) and send it to me and I will add to the thread.

Remove ads