(5e) IMMORTAL RULES

dave2008

Legend
I have updated the OP with the proposed ToC for the Immortal Players Guide and the Immortal DM's Guide. Subject to serious changes, but it is a starting point to get this project rolling again.

dave2008

Legend
I have finally started updating this thread. I have updated the OP (slightly) and upload my first draft chapter (chapter #7, post #9). Please note that all of the comments before this post will relate to the old content and no longer make sense - sorry! I decided to update this thread instead of starting a new thread.

dave2008

Legend
I have added chapter 1. This chapter is about the basics of making an Immortal character and is the foundation for the rest of this work. I have also update chapter 7 to coordinate with chapter 1.

Please note as always that this is a draft. It needs proofing, editing, and some better writing and formating. At this point I am just trying to get my ideas down. Please let me know your thoughts.

dave2008

Legend
Updates:
1) Added chapter 3
2) Revised chapter 1 to add variant rules for Hit Points and Armor Class
3) Minor revisions to chapter 7 to coordinate with chapter 3

Chapter 3 is pretty rough and will like change quite a bit before I finish this 1st draft. I also realize that after this 1st draft is complete I will probably want to re-organize things, but that is one of the things I hope to get feedback on.

Nekristus1

First Post
First of all, I'd like to Congratulate you for your great work. The ammount of effort you've put is phenomenal and seems to be building up to something great. I'd like to ask you how the Immortal book is going, I've not seen anything for a few months. Your Epic Monsters Update is really great btw, I've been using it and it really makes up for a challenge of epic proportions, just like it should be in the first place. Keep up the good work!

PS: You had a great list of boons written here in the main page. I know you are going to redesign the whole >Level 20 thing but those were a great insight on what you're planning to do. Are they still available?

dave2008

Legend
First of all, I'd like to Congratulate you for your great work. The ammount of effort you've put is phenomenal and seems to be building up to something great. I'd like to ask you how the Immortal book is going, I've not seen anything for a few months. Your Epic Monsters Update is really great btw, I've been using it and it really makes up for a challenge of epic proportions, just like it should be in the first place. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for the kind words. I am still working on it. I am working on the magic and spells section at the moment, which is not my strong suit so it is taking some time. I am also sidelined at the moment by work and family life. I should have more time in November. I have a first draft of all the epic spells (or all I am going to issue in this first draft of the Immortal Rules) completed and I just need to write the general guide on epic magic, epic spell crafting, and then do a balance check on the spells. I hope sometime in November to get it posted.

PS: You had a great list of boons written here in the main page. I know you are going to redesign the whole >Level 20 thing but those were a great insight on what you're planning to do. Are they still available?

I took them down from the 1st page and I was supposed to move them to post #12 "Old Stuff," however it looks like I forgot too. I will get them re-posted soon and let you know.

norn

First Post
Hi there! Do you happen to have more info on what the divine authorities do? There isnt anything beyond the first little explanation of what they are in either the old stuff, or the new material. Love this approach, btw.

Remove ads